Color LED's in iPod

Posted by: macten

Color LED's in iPod - 06/15/04 10:54 AM

Can you change the LED's in an iPod? I have a 2d Gen iPod and want to change it to match the blue LED's in my VW.

TIA - Bill
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 06/15/04 03:31 PM

yes you can http://www.ipodmods.com. They can change it to a number of different colors. Its a pretty cool service.
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 06/15/04 04:26 PM

make sure you test the led before putting it in because it may be a different shade than desired. thats from experience. made that mistake with some mods before, but thank goodness it was something that simple. they all look the same, but one orange may be slightly different, even thought they look exactly the same when they are dark. eh, maybe i'm just complaining about nothing, but i do that...
Posted by: JavaDog

Re:Color LED\'s in iPod - 07/26/04 05:19 PM

Also, if you want to get some good LED's without spending the ridiculous prices (ala RatShack) check out LS-Diodes. I always use them, and have yet to get bad product/service...

I've found the color on their LED's to be excellent, and at less than $.60 cents an LED, they have saved me some serious cash!

Post edited by: JavaDog, at: 2004/07/26 17:21
Posted by: pdaconnection

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 09/16/04 08:29 PM

What size LED's are in the 3rd generation 3mm.. 5mm...? what volatage.. mcd...type??? any help is appreciated as I'll do the work myself and of course post it here if sucessful! B)
Posted by: Samped

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 11/19/04 03:26 AM

Yeah I'm looking for these too.. I don't want to send my ipod to anybody, I want to do this myself.. I'm looking for the size and voltage for these L.E.D.'s, if anyone knows, thanks alot.
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 11/19/04 03:32 AM

Well one mod that was posted on this site (It may have been in foarms) Is just to take a gel (like the ones in theatre lights) and cut it to the size of your screen...

-Knife

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 11/19/04 03:49 AM

I was looking for the buttons actually, thanks though.
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 11/19/04 03:53 AM

You posted twice, you posted twice... Anyway, I have a Gen 1, so I have no idea what the button system layout is...

-Knife

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 11/19/04 03:54 AM

Oops, sorry.. Don't know how that happened. Must have accidently clicked it twice. :ohmy:
Posted by: Stranger06

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 01/17/05 09:38 PM

Is there any other place that you could get the LED lights from other then buying them online? Also how do you place the LED lights in the correct spots on the IPOD?
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 01/17/05 10:33 PM

Radioshack is a good source of LED's and other small electrical parts.

As for rewiring it, if you look on the board there will be really tiny LED's that you can just take and wire them from. You may need to take the power off the battery and have the opposite wire connect to the board so it can power it and have the board control it.

/wish I had an iPod
Posted by: maestro

Re:Color LED's in iPod - 01/17/05 11:05 PM

DIGIKEY, order the catalog online, its all you will ever need! wink
-Maestro