might get a mac mini

Posted by: TCPMeta

might get a mac mini - 01/06/09 11:17 AM

I found a mac mini on ebay. So far im ahead on the bid.

Its the older G4 but still it can run leopard and will come in handy as a DVR for my living room.
Posted by: mordaskyt

Re: might get a mac mini - 01/07/09 04:18 AM

My mini does just that and has changed my life. Try to find the older firewire based eyetv 200 box for it. If you want to pick my brain as to how mine is set up feel free.

Re: might get a mac mini - 01/07/09 08:32 AM

As usual I got bid out at the end and the price was too high for my taste.
Posted by: mordaskyt

Re: might get a mac mini - 01/07/09 08:46 AM

Honestly I got mine refurb from apple, it was $475, 1.83 ghz core duo 80gig HD 1 Gig ram & superdrive.
Posted by: Night_Sailor

Re: might get a mac mini - 03/21/09 05:53 PM

I'd go for an Intel Mini. They are mush faster.
Posted by: Oelmuvun

Re: might get a mac mini - 03/22/09 01:59 AM

And have a replaceable CPU if I remember correctly.
You are still limited by the GMA950 and not many RAM slots though.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: might get a mac mini - 03/23/09 04:09 AM

Same is true of the RAM slots in a MacBook Pro. And the Intel Mini has double the slots of the G4. Plus if you do the CPU, you might find the RAM limit goes up. Not sure of this though. You can now OC the GMA950 too.
Posted by: Cincytsi

Re: might get a mac mini - 12/13/09 06:24 PM

I had the first generation mac mini with the core solo in it. It was an awesome machine, and so compact. Downside was the DVD drive went out in it and its quite the hassle to take apart. Fully support those machines though. I'd try and steer towards a core solo machine though.

Re: might get a mac mini - 12/13/09 06:33 PM

Wasn't the first generation was a PPC G4?

I'm still hunting for a cheap MacMini. Almost got a Core Solo model but the guy I was going to buy it from chickened out at the last minute.
Posted by: Cincytsi

Re: might get a mac mini - 12/13/09 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: TCPMeta
Wasn't the first generation was a PPC G4?

I'm still hunting for a cheap MacMini. Almost got a Core Solo model but the guy I was going to buy it from chickened out at the last minute.

sorry man, the first generation of them when they went intel. i got it at a yard sale for 60 bucks with a 17" apple crt. a good day indeed.