Found QS in trash

Posted by: TCPMeta

Found QS in trash - 07/30/07 07:05 AM

I was helping a friend with a stereo install in his car and I left to go get my tools. As I went onto the main road back to my house I saw a QS sitting on the curb. I picked it up and put it in the back seat. I get home grab my tools then went back to finish the stereo project. When I got back home I cracked open the QS to see what I can use from it. The case was missing a side panel and a handle. Parts fell out as soon as it opened. I knew I heard stuff moving around inside when I picked it up and I thought they just tossed a few bits in that they didn't want. Well the whole system is a goner. The owner had taken a hammer to it. The HD was smashed up beyond heck and the memory had chips broken off. The DVD was smashed in and the motherboard looked like a blank PCB board. It had the CPU and it looked fine but I don't trust it. Also the power supply's wires were all cut up. The only thing that I was able to get out of it was the heatsink. I curbed the QS and the trash men just now picked it up.
Posted by: Kisin

Re: Found QS in trash - 07/30/07 08:24 AM

that's a sad way for a QS to go...
Posted by: maestro

Re: Found QS in trash - 07/30/07 11:22 AM

Wow, sounds like the owner must of been using OS9. >:D
Posted by: macDeviant

Re: Found QS in trash - 07/30/07 11:58 AM

OS9 or Virtual PC....?
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: Found QS in trash - 07/30/07 02:45 PM

Well from what I can tell the guy must be a one of those identity theft spooks that shreds everything before tossing it out. Also must not be that smart with computers since he trashed the whole thing and not just the HD.