Cinema HD Display Replacement parts?

Posted by: chrisrice

Cinema HD Display Replacement parts? - 02/08/06 07:51 PM

I recently had my firewire ports on my 23 inch display go bad. So i found the manual on how to do it basically but am looking for more in depth instructions. to replace the main board of the monitor but i need some tools and i can't find where to get them.
I need:
An End Cap Replacement kit.
Main Board (Part #661-3369)
OI Panel With cables (Part #661-3369)

Does anyone know where i can get them?
Posted by: whitlock

Cinema HD Display Replacement parts? - 02/08/06 07:57 PM

Due to how new these parts are, your best bet aside from eBay is an Apple authorized repair store. Not an "Apple Store" but an old-school Apple repair store. These stores are great because they can order these parts in and you won't be interrogated heavily. Heck, the staff may give you pointers! It will cost a bit, but not as much as a new display.

Sorry to hear your 23" go out.

Cinema HD Display Replacement parts? - 02/08/06 08:57 PM

I'll try that, do you have any recommendations on where to get the parts? The monitor frying actually was pretty funny. What caused it was an ipod that caused the power part of the firewire to arch across to the firewire data ports, the ipod actually caught on fire.

Cinema HD Display Replacement parts? - 02/10/06 03:30 PM

anyone? i haven't found any place that has the part available online.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Cinema HD Display Replacement parts? - 02/11/06 09:07 AM

Just like whitlock said, contact an Apple Authorized Repair Store (non-apple owned). Finding the parts online will be difficult. I would try local stores, or maybe they arn't so local. You may have to call and drive.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Cinema HD Display Replacement parts? - 02/11/06 10:02 AM

I guess if you have bad firewire that you are talking about the Aluminium DVI displays?
I'm afraid none of the internals are available as service parts from Apple. Not even to warranty centres.

Don't know what the US price would be, but I would guess it will cost over 50% the price of a new one to have yours fixed
without any labour. Though you'd only have to swap the foot over at a guess. Thats alot of cash for a firewire hub.
Posted by: maestro

Cinema HD Display Replacement parts? - 02/11/06 03:05 PM

I agree. Just leave the LCDs hub and go buy one. That will save you a ton of cash.