Powermac G4 DP 500mhz

Posted by: profclimber

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/08/06 05:53 AM

Hi guys,

My first post, i want to try to mod my powermac g4 dp 500mhz. What are my options i alreay have a new videocard so thats not a problem. Iam thinking about some case mods , new vents whit lights or something? Are there some threads on the forum where this is a subject?

greetings Maarten

Ps: so sorry fo my bad english
Posted by: TCPMeta

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/08/06 07:02 AM

Theres countless ways of modding this system. You can do minor upgrades or go for the gold by adding cath lights, LEDs, fans etc etc etc.. Just look at some of the mods people have done and you can get ideas for your own mod.
Posted by: maestro

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/08/06 08:19 PM

Your options are limitless. Welcome to Macmod by the way. What a great mac you have to mod. If you are new to modding, take baby steps, there is no need to get in over your head on your main machine. Those cases are really easy to take apart and paint and they look great when you do. Go to the galleries (oops, still offline) or the mod guides and take a look. Dont forget the details, those are the best part! Once you get success, move on to something more difficult.

Good luck and be sure to post some pics of whatever you do.

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/10/06 03:43 AM

hey thanks, well i want to try to replace my vent with a new one with leds or something and maybe a TL light in it. Are there some tutorial to do this.

greetz maarten

Ps: are there some problems with the Gallery maybe i can help? :lightbulb:

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/10/06 06:24 AM

What is the vent you speak of? Are you talking about the case fan? That is a piece of cake. Its a 120mm fan that has four screws and can be replaced with a new one that has leds. I buy parts from http://www.newegg.com. As for the gallery, its just going through some changes as is the rest of the site. Thanks for the offer.

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/16/06 05:49 AM

see my post Radeon 9800 PRO i will place soon some info over overclocking and some pictures :tongue:

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/16/06 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: "maestro"
What is the vent you speak of? Are you talking about the case fan? That is a piece of cake. Its a 120mm fan that has four screws and can be replaced with a new one that has leds. I buy parts from http://www.newegg.com. As for the gallery, its just going through some changes as is the rest of the site. Thanks for the offer.

wel i have fond some stuf in holland, but! the connectors are different :sad:

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/16/06 07:31 AM

Cut the connector off and solder on the old one.

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/16/06 07:39 AM

<[censored] thats smart :teeth:

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/16/06 01:38 PM

Yeah I know (patting self on back). Seriously though, once you start modding more, you will find a fix for everything. But it will also turn into a addiction. You will mod everything in site, as nothing is ever good enough. Uh....maybe thats just me?
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/16/06 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: "profclimber"
Hi guys,

My first post, i want to try to mod my powermac g4 dp 500mhz. What are my options

Welcome to Macmod! If it were me, I would upgrade the processor. Dual 500MHz is pretty slow these days, especially when an upgrade can boost you beyond dual 1.2.

Check out http://www.otherworldcomputing.com or eBay for processor upgrades.

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/17/06 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: "shadowboxer47"
Welcome to Macmod! If it were me, I would upgrade the processor. Dual 500MHz is pretty slow these days, especially when an upgrade can boost you beyond dual 1.2.

Check out http://www.otherworldcomputing.com or eBay for processor upgrades.

i know the website, can i put single G4 in my dual G4 without any problems :sad:
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 02/17/06 11:29 AM

Yep. Gig-E shipped with a single CPU configuration as well as the duels.

Powermac G4 DP 500mhz - 03/10/06 06:23 AM

[censored] fast. I also have a artic cooling on it. And it works superb, i can overclock the sucker to 510 mhz without any problems smile