Apple Pro Keyboard+Windows XP

Posted by: ngatiaruanprince

Apple Pro Keyboard+Windows XP - 09/20/05 08:14 PM

I'm doing a mod similiar to the Evil iMac and the iPC mods. The only problem is that I am using a slot-loading imac so i need the apple pro keyboard or i need to make a button that ejects the cd after i have inserted it. Anyone know if the apple pro keyboard is compatible with windows xp? If it isnt, does anyone have any ideas of how i can make a button for eject?
POST BACK.

Ngatiaruan.Prince
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re:Apple Pro Keyboard+Windows XP - 09/21/05 12:45 AM

I never tryed useing the Apple pro keyboard in windows. The SL CD-ROM has a eject button but it's on the top rightside and you need a small skinny object to hit it. You can splice into it and make it work like a standard CD-ROM.

Re:Apple Pro Keyboard+Windows XP - 09/21/05 12:47 AM

Do you know anyone who has used an Apple pro keyboard in windows?

Re:Apple Pro Keyboard+Windows XP - 09/21/05 12:56 AM

Not really, I bet it is compatable. Try it and see.
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Apple Pro Keyboard+Windows XP - 09/21/05 08:31 AM

I used my old Pro KB on a WinXP machine for a long time. I never tried ejecting because, well, there was an eject button. It's been so long since I've used XP that I can't remember if the Control Panel will allow that or not.I guess you will just have to program the eject key using a third-party program.

Re:Apple Pro Keyboard+Windows XP - 09/21/05 12:11 PM

You can program it with out needing a 3rd party program. Just write a Batch file that has the code to make the CDROM eject and assine a key to it in the settings some how.

Re:Apple Pro Keyboard+Windows XP - 09/21/05 12:44 PM

Ok, how do you write a batch file?
What do I type in the file?
Posted by: burtman

Re:Apple Pro Keyboard+Windows XP - 09/22/05 07:02 AM

I use my Apple Pro Keybaord on my XP box,works fine though I do need to mess with key maps because a standard PC UK keyboard is diffrent to an Apple UK Keyboard and a US keyboard map (don't ask). As for the eject button I just press the eject button on the drive itself or right click the drive and choose eject to get a cd out, just like you would with anyother keyboard, plus F12 is occasionally usefull for some legacy apps I use.

Only problem I have is that a bit to much Counter Strike Source has absolutely buggered the space bar!