Logitech G15 on Mac

Posted by: RedDrag0n

Logitech G15 on Mac - 04/12/06 01:41 AM

Well, i bought a G15 for my PC when i had it, but i have since went to a Mac again. I like this keyboard, but there are some quirks to work out. I have been able to figure out the keys for the command and option keys under Tiger. Also switched the keys (ALT & Windows Key) so they match what the mac person sees, but there is a small problem i have encountered. The G keys are the same as F keys but that's not my problem. The media keys are not functional. Is there some way that i can get them to work like the Elite keyboard i had? Play, next, back and stop. The volume and mute buttons work, but that's it for media keys. Any ideas out there in the Mac community?
Posted by: griffer

Logitech G15 on Mac - 04/12/06 02:35 AM

Hmm i don't know if it will work, but you could try usboverdrive:

http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html

Logitech G15 on Mac - 04/12/06 03:00 AM

Well, i tried the demo, and all it looks at is my mouse. Hmm, i guess more searching is in play.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Logitech G15 on Mac - 04/12/06 11:38 AM

Not exactly what you're looking for, but you might prefer it:

http://www.warker.com/sw/hottunes

Logitech G15 on Mac - 04/12/06 12:14 PM

Nice idea with the Hot Tunes, but those 4 buttons don't seem to be seen in the program nor OS X for that matter.

Logitech G15 on Mac - 04/12/06 12:48 PM

Thats what I meant when I said it wasn;t what you were asking for. Thought you may have preferred to use hot tunes instead of those keys.

I posted about remapping keys a while back. Never have worked out how its done. I have a Japanese keyboard on my powerbook with a 'spare' key to the right of my space bar. I would love to make it a second command key like newer laptops have.
Posted by: whitlock

Logitech G15 on Mac - 04/12/06 08:13 PM

If you did the Japanese swap, then the PB should recognize the extra key. You should be able to remap it using the built-in OS X software. If that didn't work, then it's just daffy!

(Oh, does the key work when using the Japanese language pack? Just curious)

Logitech G15 on Mac - 04/13/06 10:22 AM

Not tried it in Japanese mode actually. I don't think I even installed it now I think about it.
How does one remap keys through 'normal os x software'?
I had a look at the pref pane, but there doesn't seem much there apart from swapping modifier keys.