Give me some modding ideas :D

Posted by: iProd

Give me some modding ideas :D - 12/25/05 11:50 PM

Tonight, I ravagly tore apart my Dell laptop that I got for free a while back (while keeping the inards intact, that is). And I ended up with the mobo, Celeron processor (500mhz sick ) Rage 128 Mobile (sick sick ) a very nice monitor, RAM, and a demolished case pleading for death. Since the monitor is in such good condition, I was hoping to get some ideas from my Mac Mod friends for some ideas. I was thinking about puting it in my cheap s**t monitor that I have right now (the back light is wierd. Almost most of the time I have to spend minutes turning it on and off until the backlight holds), but I don't know if that is possible. Another thing is I could gut my old 15" sony crt monitor and make a iDell kind of thing. Other then that, I am lost. This could be my first serious moding laugh . Plus, I can use my camera I got for Christmas (Canon Powershot S2 IS, 5mp, x12 optical zoom) to catalogue it. Thanks laugh
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Give me some modding ideas :D - 12/26/05 12:21 AM

sounds like a nice music sercer? find an old receiver that doesn't work, replace it with the dell innards. fashion a custom front plate and install a 7" wide screen VGA screen. Load up XP and iTunes and use it as a music server. Use a basic USB remote to control the playback.
Posted by: destructospin

Re:Give me some modding ideas :D - 12/26/05 03:04 AM

i had the idea for taking a cheap laptop
and an lcd, sticking them both inside a CRT body
now im thinking of making my g3 into a super small server
built right into my desk
Posted by: soundmann18

Re:Give me some modding ideas :D - 12/26/05 02:16 PM

next free laptop I get I'll turn into a picture frame, so you could do that.
Posted by: macDeviant

Re:Give me some modding ideas :D - 12/26/05 05:47 PM

you could take a sledge hammer to it. that happens to be MY favorite Dell mod :P

or the music server idea too......

macDeviant
Posted by: iProd

Re:Give me some modding ideas :D - 12/26/05 08:55 PM

macDeviant wrote:
Quote:
you could take a sledge hammer to it. that happens to be MY favorite Dell mod :P

or the music server idea too......

macDeviant

Oooh I like that :woohoo:
Posted by: JediJoker7169

Re:Give me some modding ideas :D - 12/27/05 12:51 AM

I second that...