ATX Mac

Posted by: Draconis

ATX Mac - 09/24/05 11:31 AM

Well I need a case to cover up my Windoze mother board, HDD, ect. I was thinking a mac case for it but i'm not sure if any will fit an ATX motherboard. I would prefer to put it in a G4 tower case but any of the older beige mac cases are fine too. Any suggestions are welcome( Except destroying the computer).

BTW it is only used for gaming. I would put linux on it but i can't get it to install.
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:ATX Mac - 09/24/05 11:42 AM

as far as the case goes, there are several good deals on g5 cases now on ebay, look here[http://computers.listings.ebay.com/Apple...ListingItemList
]

as for the linux thing, try my favorite distro: http://fedora.redhat.com/

Re:ATX Mac - 09/24/05 11:50 AM

Yeah a G5 case would look awesome. they screw you on the shipping though. Is it possible to fit it into a G4 though? I'll have to look into Fedora. I tried ubuntu but it kept freezing on the instalation. I have heard good things about Debian too.
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:ATX Mac - 09/24/05 11:57 AM

yes I have heard good things about Debian also, but over the years I have had the best luck with Fedora, and Redhat befor that. I am watching some g5 cases that the shipping is not bad on. I dont intend to buy, just interested. if you want pm me and I'll send the links B)

Re:ATX Mac - 09/24/05 12:10 PM

Well i just remembered something. My dad is going to get this and he already has a G5. Maybe for me though.... B) . Anyway thanks for your offer.

Re:ATX Mac - 09/24/05 12:42 PM

I knew it was somewhere.I found where the PC in a 9600 was on this site. i did some measurements and found that any case about the measurments of a G4 tower should work. off to Ebay.
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:ATX Mac - 09/24/05 02:34 PM

Draconis wrote:
Quote:
I knew it was somewhere.I found where the PC in a 9600 was on this site.

I imagine a 9600 would work, though it certainly won't be as pretty as a G5

Post edited by: shadowboxer47, at: 2005/09/24 21:35

Re:ATX Mac - 09/24/05 03:22 PM

Apparently G5 towerscan't fit standard ATX mobo's. Oh well.
Linkage