Need some close up pictures

Posted by: adamberkey

Need some close up pictures - 04/06/09 07:07 PM

Would anybody do me a favor and take shot close up shots of a 17" Macbook Pro (Core 2 Duo) upper case ribbon cable, and some very close up shots of the cluster connections throughout the entire thing, and post them on this thread? I need to verify if the cable I need for my computer has changed through these last years, so I can see if I can purchase an upper case on ebay just for the cable I need, since Apple doesn't sell those things separately from the upper case.

It just needs to be your Macbook Pro 17". Preferrably an upper case with the following numbers stamped on the underside of the upper case next to the power button:

620-3980-05 FA76M001010
70601A270000
(this is the stamp on the item I'd like to buy if it will match. I've asked the seller to send some close up pictures but he may not do it)

My board's underside reads:

620-3518-18 FAPW2005013
60511A05FB3

Maybe ever one of these boards have a different number? Though the trackpad or keyboards have slight modifications, the ribbon cable has remained the same from my model to this guy's model? That's the kind of thing I'm trying to determine here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Need some close up pictures - 04/06/09 08:32 PM

Here are some example photos. They are of the cable out of a 2006 Core Duo 17" Macbook Pro. Of course, a picture of the whole cable would help a lot too, since the connections may be the same but with different lengths to the cable/bends.

Re: Need some close up pictures - 04/06/09 08:49 PM

If the large pic above doesn't come up, just right-click on it and select View Image from the menu. You'll see the entire thing in following window.

Thanks to anybody that posts!
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Need some close up pictures - 04/07/09 04:38 AM

I can confirm that the first two generations of 17" MBP have different Apple part numbers for their respective top cases. That doesn't mean they aren't compatible though. I will snap one when I see one....

Re: Need some close up pictures - 04/07/09 06:25 AM

you wrote: "I can confirm that the first two generations of 17" MBP have different Apple part numbers for their respective top cases. That doesn't mean they aren't compatible though. I will snap one when I see one...."
==
OK. Thanks for that info. Now the question is whether the ribbon cables are different.

Re: Need some close up pictures - 04/16/09 06:29 PM

I found someone on ebay who was willing to part out an uppercase for $35 and sell me just the ribbon cable. It's sure a lot better than forking over $175 to Apple for an entire upper case unit!
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re: Need some close up pictures - 04/18/09 11:16 PM

nice, thats a good deal!