mac mini cpu upgrade

Posted by: burtman

mac mini cpu upgrade - 01/12/08 05:04 PM

Does any one know of any tools or ways of getting information on an intel cpu other than using "About this Mac" or System Profiler?

I upgraded my cheap as chips 200 mac mini today with 2GB of RAM and what I'm told was a core2duo 1.83 proc - the mac seems to think it's just a coreDuo - and it might be right (the CPU didn't cost me anything as it came out a dead laptop) and I forgot to check the model number. Its not the end of the world if it is just a coreDuo but I was hoping to get more info. I can't be bothered to pull it apart again to check. I might put windows on it and use cpu-z if nobody can think of any utilities on the mac side.

Cheers
Posted by: burtman

Re: mac mini cpu upgrade - 01/13/08 06:38 AM

well I needed a windows box for some Uni work anyway so I put vista on it (dam that OS can be annoying until you turn User Access Control off) CPU-Z also says I have a coreDuo not a core2Duo - not the end of the world though!
Posted by: Night_Sailor

Re: mac mini cpu upgrade - 05/18/08 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: "burtman"
well I needed a windows box for some Uni work anyway so I put vista on it (dam that OS can be annoying until you turn User Access Control off) CPU-Z also says I have a coreDuo not a core2Duo - not the end of the world though!

Too bad. The Core 2 Duo is a much, much better CPU--but you can't argue with the price.

I just bought a 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo for my Mac Mini. Once I test and verify it works, I'll be selling the original CPU. Any interest?

It is a 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo. I'd like $100 for it, and I'll throw in a 1 GB of Ram, (2) x 512MB memory boards, and pay shipping in Continental US.
Posted by: Fazer

Re: mac mini cpu upgrade - 07/20/08 07:52 PM

should this be in the trading warehouse?
Posted by: Night_Sailor

Re: mac mini cpu upgrade - 12/23/08 09:04 AM

Why not make it a trading place? I sold my old CPU to someone here.

And I just installed a Superdrive in my Mac Mini. Does anyone need a Combo drive? --used only once to re-install the OS. It is for sale on eBay at the moment for $30 starting price.