Old 23" Cinema Display with bottom burnout- Idea for use??

Posted by: ISeemToBeAVerb

Old 23" Cinema Display with bottom burnout- Idea for use?? - 01/07/08 01:40 PM

Hello all,

I recently came into possession of a 23" Cinema Display. The display works, but the bottom lamp is burned out. I did purchase a new lamp for it with the idea of replacing it, however, upon opening the damn thing I got completely lost (I have no experience in this area). Any ideas on how to get this thing working or perhaps another cool use I could put it to? I hate to just throw it out. Thanx.

-Mike
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Old 23" Cinema Display with bottom burnout- Idea for use?? - 01/07/08 03:14 PM

Never had to pull a panel from one of these yet. Its usually the inverters which go. If its anything like the panels in Apple notebooks, it will be a mare to swap out. And not entirely safe. Break a CCFL tube from an LCD and you're breathing mercury.
Posted by: maestro

Re: Old 23" Cinema Display with bottom burnout- Idea for use?? - 01/07/08 03:28 PM

I would say that it is definitely worth saving. These are still very valuable. And yes, be careful with the ccfl. War, you kick ass, the master of know on Macs!
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Old 23" Cinema Display with bottom burnout- Idea for use?? - 01/08/08 12:52 AM

Thanks man, I try. I should have said that I wouldn't throw it out either.