Got my empty MDD case today!

Posted by: zenstate

Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/25/07 07:27 PM

Recently bought this case off ebay.  Going to use it to put the innards of maestro's Killer Bee that I just bought off him.

The case is in pretty good cosmetic condition and came with all the original brackets and cables.

some pics..

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/25/07 07:31 PM

inside..

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/25/07 09:19 PM

I forgot to mention that I also just spent 80+ at frozencpu.com on 3 silenX fans for it.  loudest one is 18db

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/26/07 06:09 AM

no one cares    frown
Posted by: manhackman

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/26/07 07:56 AM

I care.  I'm just jealous.

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/26/07 08:19 AM

Originally Posted By: "manhackman "

I care.  I'm just jealous.

haha thanks but there is no need to be.  you have a nice hardware collection from what I see in your signature.
Posted by: maestro

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/26/07 05:08 PM

Ah, a new case crying for mods!

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/26/07 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: "maestro "

Ah, a new case crying for mods!

Yes!!!  I plan on painting both  my MDD cases (have not decided on colours yet) and maybe cutting a larger hole in both where the front speaker is to add an 80mm fan.  not sure whether to paint them the same colours or give each one a unique look. 

My father is almost done prepping the plastic shell of my B&W G3 and its going to be painted with high grade auto paint.  blue parts will be super glossy dark brown (kind of a black coffee shade) and the clear parts will be gloss white.
Posted by: manhackman

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/26/07 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: "zenstate "

Yes!!!  I plan on painting both  my MDD cases (have not decided on colours yet) and maybe cutting a larger hole in both where the front speaker is to add an 80mm fan.  not sure whether to paint them the same colours or give each one a unique look. 

I think painting them the same colours but inverting the locations on one of them would be pretty stunning... but If I were to do that I'd keep them in the same hue.
Posted by: Protocol6v

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/26/07 07:45 PM

I like my Hardware stock looking. I like to keep the authentic Apple look. Just as I don't like to mod out my car with fancy spoilers and calipers. I must not be a true modder. :P

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/26/07 08:53 PM

I can tolerate the stock look of most macs no problem but the aqua blue G3 is simply the ugliest colour ever!
Posted by: RedDrag0n

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/27/07 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: "zenstate "

I can tolerate the stock look of most macs no problem but the aqua blue G3 is simply the ugliest colour ever!

I agree, hence why one of my G3 cases says "3 G". Meaning third generation modded? I have no idea. But it looks cool.
Posted by: mordaskyt

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/27/07 05:35 AM

Hey don't diss the smurf!! I love the blue. I am planning a whole mod around it, LOL.

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/27/07 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By: "mordaskyt "

Hey don't diss the smurf!! I love the blue. I am planning a whole mod around it, LOL.

I love the B&W G3..  just not its stock colours.  I have owned 3 B&W's so far and have painted all of them.  Got my first back when they were current (rev. 2 350)and that one has since been upgraded to a G4/500 and given to my aunt (some of you will remember it as the black&white G3 that was inspired my whitlocks G3.  After that I had a Rev. 1 350 that I found at a local shop for 79.  It got painted all black with white apple logos.  Sold it..  My current B&W is being painted by my father.  He owns a company that has several government contracts to build handicap busses (he converts normal smaller busses) so he has easy access to a proper paint booth.  It will be Colorware quality or better.  I will have the parts back soon as he is almost ready to paint (high grade auto paint and clear coat).  he insists on curing for a week also which is a good idea.  In the next few months I will be getting him to paint both my MDD's also.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Got my empty MDD case today! - 05/27/07 06:34 AM

I used to love the colour of the B&W. Back in the day it was a real breath of fresh air. It hasn't aged all that well though.