New cooling goodies

Posted by: vaguelyclear

New cooling goodies - 02/15/07 03:50 PM

Fresh from snail mail:

Thermaltake 120mm smart case fan II
Sharkoon Silent Eagle
Evercool Fan Speed Controller

Thanks to maestro for recommending the Sharkoon and performance-pcs.com. Very good site to do business with, it only took a few days for the stuff to come in.

I installed the fan using the manual speed setting. It is EXTREMEMLY loud at full speed, right now i have it just below half. Anywhere below half and I can't really hear it at all.

Just for fun though, I would like to try the temperature option. It says it will detect from 20 degrees celsius to 55 degrees celsius. Also, for a K7 cooler, the sensor is supposed to be underneath the processor, and for a P4 or K8 cooler, they suggest taping it to the underside of the heatsink. Do you suppose the speed I have it at right now is ok? Would it be worthwhile to try the sensor, and if so, where should I put it?

Sorry for the crap pictures, right now all I have is a crap phone (it runs... *shudder*... Windoze....) with a crap camera. Hopefully I can sit down and mess with the Sharkoon on Saturday.

EDIT: Also, sorry to make you guys look at that horrible contact wallpaper. The $@#% that lived in this dorm before me decided to cover half of the room with that crap. I get dizzy sometimes.