iMac power source?

Posted by: fcodc306

iMac power source? - 01/23/06 02:09 PM

Hi everyone. I'm working on a mod for my old bondi-colored iMac. I'm just having problems in getting the power source. Can anyone recommend a page with instructions in how to remove it from the original casing? Or maybe even where to get one besides eBay?
Thanks.

---fcodc---
homepage.mac.com/fcantu
Posted by: maestro

Re:iMac power source? - 01/23/06 04:29 PM

If you want one cheap, go to eBay. If you want one from a trusted mac joint, check these stores out: hardcoremac, welovemacs, dvwarehouse, smalldog, and many others. Dont pay too much! Do some price research. For a take a part guide, check out our links- "Macintosh Product Assembly Guides." Be careful, power supplies can be deadly!
-maestro
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re:iMac power source? - 01/23/06 05:21 PM

http://members.fortunecity.com/tinux1/sites/imac-atx.html
Posted by: fcodc306

Re:iMac power source? - 01/24/06 02:04 PM

Thanks for the help. I'm now looking at the possibility of modifying an ATX power supply for the iMac, or buying one from WeLoveMacs. Of course, I'll take all precautions possible as everyone must do. In the case that I'm successful with the mod, I'll publish the results in this site. Thanks again.

---fcodc---
homepage.mac.com/fcantu
Posted by: modyourmac

Re:iMac power source? - 01/24/06 02:49 PM

getting to the main power board in a bondi is a pain if you've never done it before. Likewise, with all the sharp solder joints, its a pain even when you have.

also check sunrem.com, megamacs.com, and wegenermedia.com. they may have the piece you need.