Quadra 950 mods

Posted by: Crayola

Quadra 950 mods - 01/13/06 09:16 AM

Just curious as to whether anybody has had any experience modding a Quadra 950? Mine is looking kind of crappy and I want to beautify it.

I'm currently clearing any obstacles that I expect may cause problems. But it looks like there shouldn't be too much standing in the way of getting things started. I was originally thinking about doing something along the lines of the Classic HAL case mod, but was wondering what kind of stuff others might have done with the old Quadra 900.

I've seen quite a few Quadra 700 mods where people have replaced the board with that of an old PMac 7100, but have seen nothing really similar for the Q950. Any ideas?
Posted by: maestro

Re:Quadra 950 mods - 01/13/06 10:44 AM

Welcome to MacMod. A Hal mod would be cool. The Quadras have a distinct (non Mac) look to them that has a lot of possibilities. This computer is not high on usability. May I ask what you plan to use it for? Just for kicks, I looked up its msrp, it was over 7 grand! Give us a little more info and Im sure we can give some ideas.

-maestro

Post edited by: maestro, at: 2006/01/13 18:44
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re:Quadra 950 mods - 01/13/06 12:13 PM

The Quadra case is sufficiently large for you to install pretty much anything you want in it. Probably twice.
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:Quadra 950 mods - 01/14/06 09:10 AM

Waragainstsleep wrote:
Quote:
The Quadra case is sufficiently large for you to install pretty much anything you want in it. Probably twice.

Right. You have plenty of room here. A classic internal replacement would go well with an internal HAL mod wink