From Smurf to Sawtooth

Posted by: anil8tor

From Smurf to Sawtooth - 10/28/05 07:00 AM

I am sure this has been done befor, But I just won a sawtooth g4 mainboard and cpu on ebay. I plan to install it in my Blue & White. Does any one know if the power supply is up to the task? I have a 300 watt atx and the pinouts to adapt it if needed, but I would rather not bother if posible. Also I am assuming I can use my pci video card until I can get a mac agp card...true? :unsure:
Posted by: mordaskyt

Re:From Smurf to Sawtooth - 10/28/05 08:43 AM

I did this on my smurf and it works no problem. I used the Smurf's Power supply. The board fits ok too, nearly all of the Motherboard mounts are the same so it drops in no problem. Just leave off the back port cover untill you can make/get a new one. The only problem I had was the front panel board with the power switches and LEDs. I am not very good with electronics and my attempts to mod the Smurf's board and later to build an entire new one from scratch were not very successful. XLR8 has the plans to build the board from scratch as well as the pin-outs for both the smurf and sawtooth front panel boards.

Oh Yeah and the PCI video card works fine too.

Post edited by: mordaskyt, at: 2005/10/28 15:51
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:From Smurf to Sawtooth - 10/28/05 09:00 AM

Cool!
mordaskyt, you are the man, nothin' but good news. As for the front board, I'll head to xlr8 and see whats up. Thanks!
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re:From Smurf to Sawtooth - 10/28/05 10:28 AM

I need to try this sometime, thats if I can locate a cheap sawtooth mobo and CPU.