I need PARTS! and/ or help...

Posted by: Arius

I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/25/05 12:03 PM

i an in desperate need of parts (hard drive most needed) for a server. if any one is willin got help me out? free is preferable, but i'll pay.... thanx... i'd like to ge them from people on this site, cuz i trust you guys, so please refrain from mentioing eBay... eff ebay... some one start an iBay... yea....
Posted by: maestro

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/25/05 12:19 PM

All I have to give is some old Apple SCSI drives. Three of them to be exact. They dont hold much, but you could have them for free.
-maestro

I also have some fans...several sizes, but you cant have em til I write my fan comparo. That wont be that long though as I plan on doing it this week.

Post edited by: maestro, at: 2005/09/25 19:21
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/25/05 12:37 PM

What kind of HD do you need?

IDE... SCSI...?
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/25/05 01:38 PM

I have some smallish ide ata Hds 4 - 6 gig are these of interest? pm me if so and we can make arraignments, I also have cdrom aplenty.. wink

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/25/05 04:22 PM

shadow boxer, i need ide's.. also lemme revamp my request, need anything that would aid me in the construct of a server... parts and guideance.... thanx guys...
Posted by: destructospin

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/25/05 08:35 PM

dont know if you need it, but i have a pci ethernet card lying around
just PM me if you're interested

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/25/05 11:50 PM

Arius. I would be glad to help you with your server guidance. First off, what is it for and what do you expect from it.
-maestro
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/26/05 03:53 AM

Eh... sorry, fresh out of IDE's. Keep us updated and I'll contribute what I can.

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/26/05 02:01 PM

thanx for the guidance offer. i'll just be using it as a network server... posibly to host games and such...
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/26/05 09:42 PM

If you plan to host games on it you might want to switch to SCSI. Also maxout the logicboard's memory.

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/27/05 01:07 AM

You can use fast ata (maxline lll) or sata drives too. You may want to have a raid setup of some sort. A raid 5 would probably be the fastest and safest way to go. How fast is your network and what games do you play? How much storage do you need?
-maestro

Re:I need PARTS! and/ or help... - 09/27/05 10:51 AM

i would totaly swith to anyhting that would max out anything. but all i have available is a PC board....