Voodoo 2? iMac rev A

Posted by: anil8tor

Voodoo 2? iMac rev A - 07/18/05 12:00 PM

Any body know where I can get my hands on an old Voodoo 2 card for an original iMac tray loader?
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Voodoo 2? iMac rev A - 07/18/05 01:27 PM

I would say ebay is probably going to be your best bet.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re:Voodoo 2? iMac rev A - 07/18/05 06:57 PM

If you have a local reseller who does repairs, there's a good chance they will have iMacs for spares, since the CRTs are prone to dying, and aren't worth repkacing these days. We have about 5 like this, but ours are all slot loaders.

Re:Voodoo 2? iMac rev A - 07/19/05 07:36 AM

Did the e-bay thing, no luck yet. Aren't the Mezzanine card slots the same on slotloaders and tray loaders? If so Waragainstsleep, I'd be happy to buy one of yours... I am in the country near a small city that never heard of Apple... long drive to nearest dealer. I am tinkering with boosting the performance of my old mac. BTW, this is the greatest source of help I have found yet, you guys are all very helpful and generous with your knowledge. The perfect place for an old pc hack to learn about REAL computers B)

Post edited by: anil8tor, at: 2005/07/19 14:37
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Voodoo 2? iMac rev A - 07/19/05 08:13 AM

well welcome to the club. I want to say that slot loading machines didn't have a messanine slot. This slot was only on the original and rev B editions of the iMac. Rev C (the ones available in 5 colors) and later models did away with the mezzanine slot.

Re:Voodoo 2? iMac rev A - 07/19/05 08:41 AM

Ok,
Well I said I was new...
thanks for the info.
Any other video upgrade for a rev A? I have upped the vram to 6megs. I am running 10.3 and its a little slow. Just surfin the web and playing itunes. Anything else out there for the mezzanine slot?
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Voodoo 2? iMac rev A - 07/19/05 08:46 AM

try this one

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/harmoni_g3.html