Screen flicker with a flashed Ti200...

Posted by: Geeky1

Screen flicker with a flashed Ti200... - 02/02/05 11:11 AM

Hi all...

I recently flashed a PC Leadtek Ti200 with a Mac ROM... I moved the device ID resistors to change the ID to 200, which worked fine. The flash went fine as well. I stuck it in my G4 (Sawtooth logic board, 450MHz, 640MB RAM) and it booted just fine. The problem I've got is that if I change the focus of the display, say by clicking out of a firefox window onto the desktop, or if I mouseover or click a hyperlink or something like that, the screen flickers. I can't seem to find a solution for this. Is there one?
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Screen flicker with a flashed Ti200... - 02/02/05 11:29 AM

did you try setting your hertz? Make sure that your graphics card is outputting the correct hertz for the display that you are using. Just a thought...

Re:Screen flicker with a flashed Ti200... - 02/02/05 11:32 AM

I'm using an LCD... it's impossible to get flicker due to refresh rates. Regardless, if that were the issue the flicker would be present at all times. It's not. smile
Posted by: maestro

Re:Screen flicker with a flashed Ti200... - 02/03/05 04:11 AM

Try collaberating your monitor. You should also try different screen resolutions. Does it happen with all applications? If not, maybe you can change the configurations of those apps.
Good luck with it. wink
-maestro
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Screen flicker with a flashed Ti200... - 02/03/05 04:39 AM

Also check what it says about the card in the system profiler. It could be an issue w/ how much RAM is being used as well (maybe not the full).

If everything checks out, and diff. resolutions does not help, then reflash it and try again.

Re:Screen flicker with a flashed Ti200... - 02/10/05 11:45 AM

Turns out that it's simply an issue with some flashed GeForce3s and AGP 2x. No solution as of yet. I've just flashed my 8500 for now and I'm using that. It's helped a lot... the G4 is still slower than all hell :pinch: but at least it's mostly useable now... Which is more than I can say for it when it had the Rage128 in it... sick