cooling video card in g4

Posted by: maestro

cooling video card in g4 - 01/04/05 03:22 PM

I have an MDD G4 and I want to oc my video card some more. In order to do so, I need more cooling on the gpu. The agp location is goofy in the MDD, so there is not much room for a big heatsink. Does anyone know of a small aftermarket heatsink? Maybe another cooling suggestion? I have ram coolers on it already and a PCI fan.

-Maestro
Posted by: whitlock

Re:cooling video card in g4 - 01/04/05 04:37 PM

There are plenty of small form factor after-market heatsinks for graphics cards. Many of them are used in Cubes because of the space limitation. I did find one that has a fairly small form factor. Would this work for your needs?

ThermalTake Orb

Re:cooling video card in g4 - 01/04/05 04:41 PM

Hey, that would be perfect if it worked for an ati 9000 pro. I'll look at that website for some other types. I did find a sweet Zalman vf700-cu. Dont know if it will fit or not though.
Thanks alot, you have put me in the right direction.
-Maestro

Re:cooling video card in g4 - 01/05/05 01:11 AM

Just thought I would let everyone know I found a sweet GPU cooler for MDD macs. Its made by Vantec-the all in one coppery kit "CCB-A1C". Its less than $10 from New Egg.com and comes with a beautiful heat sink w/fan, and two chip coolers for motherboard controllers. There are others but this one is definately worth a look! :lol: LET THE OVERCLOCKING CONTINUE!
-Maestro
Posted by: krusher117

Re:cooling video card in g4 - 01/05/05 02:23 AM

hey maestro how bout posting a pic of your G4 inside and out

Re:cooling video card in g4 - 01/05/05 02:56 AM

I plan to send my mac mod guide on my MDD next week. But I will try to take some digital pics and post them tomorrow. My coworker has my digital cam.
I plan on finishing the mods to it this weekend. I have some new parts coming this week. All except the gpu heatsink which I will try and order up tomorrow.
-Maestro