Silence mod for Quicksilver-series G4

Posted by: Anonymous

Silence mod for Quicksilver-series G4 - 08/05/04 12:00 AM

Here's some info on replacing fans in the G4 Quicksilver. What's cool is the guy pulled out the front speaker (now mounted elsewhere) and replaced it with a LCD temperature monitor (backlit) connected to the CPU. He arranged the monitor so the temperature shows the speaker hole.

I'm sure this mod could be modified to other uses and other G4s.

http://g4noise.com/mods.php?ID=77&p=all
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Silence mod for Quicksilver-series G4 - 08/05/04 04:24 AM

Thanks for that link magnus. We had that mod posted on our site until we were asked to have it removed. Some peopel are picky frown
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Silence mod for Quicksilver-series G4 - 08/05/04 01:03 PM

since they are about the same chasis, the b&w g3 could also be used with this mod, though it would make more sense in a g4. Good for OC jobs.
Posted by: maclover1986

Re:Silence mod for Quicksilver-series G4 - 10/29/04 09:58 PM

hey magnus,

that is a sweet mod. Just wish I had a quicksilver g4 to perform the mod on....

Here is another suggestion: If any of you have any unused 5 1/4 bays you should install a smart panel. The features are: blue backlit dual temperature/ fan rpm lcd display, a temp selection switch, two fan speed adjustments lit by two blue leds per control, and 2 usb 2.0 ports.

maclover1986

Post edited by: maclover1986, at: 2004/10/30 05:01

Post edited by: maclover1986, at: 2004/10/30 05:02
Posted by: maestro

Re:Silence mod for Quicksilver-series G4 - 01/06/05 08:09 PM

Thats a cool mod. Although it would be so much better if someone would put it on the desktop of the finder. Oh wait, Temp. Monitor and Hardware Monitor both do that! They are even customizable. I always have it running lately as I have been testing my g4 overclock and Raid setup. I love it. By the way, there is a shareware version-ITS FREE!
-Maestro