powerbook mod

Posted by: scottk

powerbook mod - 06/05/04 05:56 PM

So .. and I think this is doable, but not by me. ..

could there be a way to put an isight -- or a camera -- into the frame of the powerbook? I think the camera will be built in someday, but now ... as I stare at this isight, it's nice but it could be so much more size friendly. Put the lens in the top of the frame and control it from the keyboard!!!

Can it be done?
Posted by: mark

Re:powerbook mod - 06/06/04 01:11 AM

No, LCD housings tend to be on the verge of being over packed as is. If you have a 'book with a card slot you might be able to get enough of an angle but I doubt it. If you want something smaller get an iBot firewire camera. Odd shape but its smaller than an isight IIRC.
Posted by: krusher117

Re:powerbook mod - 06/06/04 01:15 AM

its just not possible to do that. Sony has a ultra light notebook] that has an integrated camera, but as you can see they had to build in an extra portion to the lid.
Posted by: karl

Re:powerbook mod - 06/07/04 02:00 PM

Mark wrote:
Quote:
No, LCD housings tend to be on the verge of being over packed as is. If you have a 'book with a card slot you might be able to get enough of an angle but I doubt it. If you want something smaller get an iBot firewire camera. Odd shape but its smaller than an isight IIRC.

That sounds like a challenge... smile A futile one but a challenge none the less.