Painting a Macbook Pro

Posted by: jozpage

Painting a Macbook Pro - 10/23/09 01:24 PM

Hey, Im new to all this and i want to paint all of my Macbook Pro either dark blue or black. How would i go about doing this? What kind of paint should i use? Is there a special way to this? All help will be greatly appreciated. confused
Posted by: Mike

Re: Painting a Macbook Pro - 11/14/09 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: jozpage
Hey, Im new to all this and i want to paint all of my Macbook Pro either dark blue or black. How would i go about doing this? What kind of paint should i use? Is there a special way to this? All help will be greatly appreciated. confused

Why paint it and possibly ruin the finish and/or the MacBook? Why not use one of their skins?

It's cheap and you can always change it back to the original should you decide to sell it later.
Posted by: neil

Re: Painting a Macbook Pro - 11/15/09 02:23 PM

And there are a variety of other skin manufacturers as well. Gelskins.com has some great stuff!
Posted by: ctan

Re: Painting a Macbook Pro - 11/15/09 10:46 PM

If you do decide to paint it, the most important thing is prepping.

Taking the time to sandblast (if available) the case, AND putting down a solid primer will pay off for you.

Once you have it painted, look into finishes.
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: Painting a Macbook Pro - 11/18/09 12:18 PM

Best bet really is to tear it down and have the case "hot tanked" then paint it with a enamel paint. This way there is no priming needed.

Or even better go get the case powder coated.