Lighting up my MAC PRO

Posted by: chcore

Lighting up my MAC PRO - 05/04/08 01:28 PM

What do you think of my sweet Mac pro tower.
Posted by: macDeviant

Re: Lighting up my MAC PRO - 05/04/08 04:22 PM

Nice. I did some simple lighting on my quad and I've come to realize I don't like the fact that my rats nest of cables is in the spotlight so to say.

Very subtle though, me likey.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re: Lighting up my MAC PRO - 05/04/08 09:21 PM

looks cool man! I did the same on my g5 powermac a while back. Its somewhere in these forums if you search.

I put a cathode in the top with the optical though, so it lit the whole machine up.

Nice job though, I like it.
Posted by: Speedmike

Re: Lighting up my MAC PRO - 05/04/08 10:35 PM

Very Nice! I like how the fan looks in the light.
Posted by: Krow

Re: Lighting up my MAC PRO - 05/18/08 03:01 PM

Sweet......

Speaking of rats nests... My QS has the same problem with the CC tubes illuminating the mess of wires in the back. The next time I take photos I'll unplug everything but the powercord and it should make a much better photo.
Posted by: Night_Sailor

Re: Lighting up my MAC PRO - 05/18/08 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: "macDeviant"
Nice. I did some simple lighting on my quad and I've come to realize I don't like the fact that my rats nest of cables is in the spotlight so to say.

You can hide that somewhat. I use tie-wrapped to coil up excess wire.

I find the power strips are the worst for unsightly wires. I screw mine into the wall or the bottom of a table to get them hidden. Then tie-wraps can at least get rid of the excess. A few neat wires are ok. If you can secure the loose stuff it will look a lot better. I'd keep the light though--way cool. Where do you get those components?
Posted by: Hansel Jr

Re: Lighting up my MAC PRO - 06/24/08 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: "chcore"
What do you think of my sweet Mac pro tower.

Where can I find this lights and how to install them inside a Mac Pro ??
I saw ppl posting G5 but G5 structure is different from the Mac Pro, So how do you get those lights inside you Mac Pro Tower?

Plz provide with links : to get those lights !! =)
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re: Lighting up my MAC PRO - 06/25/08 01:37 PM

check ebay for "cold cathode" You'll get what you need. Be sure to check the lengths. You'll need to get a converter too, preferably with a power switch.