New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD

Posted by: MacTechDude

New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/04/07 05:07 PM

This is the second project of mine, I dont personally own this G3, it is my buddies and it was Clear and Teal, and told him I MUST MOD THAT THANG!! so he accepted and we did.

Here is the final results!

Posted by: zenstate

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/04/07 06:36 PM

nice but I think the G3 on the side ruins it. 

painting over the G3 would make it look a lot better IMO
Posted by: Protocol6v

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/04/07 06:50 PM

That's one of the best I've seen. I think you should have two. One with the G3 and one without.
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/04/07 07:57 PM

Get rid of the G3 and make the Apple light up.

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/04/07 08:07 PM

Yea, i added the G3 on the side, i think it does kinda look different with it on there but I wanted to be MORE creative than the rest. and I think it looks awesome lit up. But, I would have done the  Apple logo if I didnt have problems with the casing.. but yea, I actually like the way the it turned out!

I think the colors were good match! =D

Thanks for the responses guys!

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/04/07 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: "Protocol6v "

That's one of the best I've seen. I think you should have two. One with the G3 and one without.

feel free to uh you know.. donate that second one... lol.. or buy me it, and yea, i'll do it!! =D
Posted by: WOOKIE1212

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/04/07 10:45 PM

damn..
your a  sick dude....
that looks so great...

10 out of 10 pointz..

Wookie
Posted by: macDeviant

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/04/07 11:04 PM

i like the G3 on the side too...  i thought that was one of the cool things about the Smurf was the letters underneath the frosted panels. I took the frosted panels and feet from my smurf and put them on my sawtooth with the intention of putting G4 under there some where.  i would maybe go over the paint with a very high grit wet sandpaper. smooth out the obvious uneven spaycan strokes  confused it will really clean it up the look too.
Posted by: zenstate

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/05/07 05:53 AM

after looking at it a few times its really growing on me  smile

what I like the best is how you didn't paint the top edge of the side panels.  gives a great look.

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/14/07 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: "macDeviant "

i like the G3 on the side too...  i thought that was one of the cool things about the Smurf was the letters underneath the frosted panels. I took the frosted panels and feet from my smurf and put them on my sawtooth with the intention of putting G4 under there some where.  i would maybe go over the paint with a very high grit wet sandpaper. smooth out the obvious uneven spaycan strokes  confused it will really clean it up the look too.

Yea, i agree on the paint strokes, lol, but its a friends G3, and it was just a quick project, mainly wanted to put neons in there but came up with the idea to paint the clear G3 on the side and have neons comingo ut of it.. but if it was my G3, i would have airbrushed it! =D

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/14/07 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: "zenstate "

after looking at it a few times its really growing on me  smile

what I like the best is how you didn't paint the top edge of the side panels.  gives a great look.

Yea, put some tape on it, but some of the tape lifted off from the spraying.. sucks but its not too noticable.  the main thing i wanted to do was let the neon glow underneath the G3 also, so thats why i didnt paint the bottom part of the side panels, its really bright on the bottom. looks nice. 

thanks for the comment! didnt think anyone would pay attention to it.  i thought it was easier than putting another neon on the bottom

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/14/07 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By: "Wookie "

damn..
your a  sick dude....
that looks so great...

10 out of 10 pointz..

Wookie

haha! thanks man!!
Posted by: maestro

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/15/07 10:16 AM

I think it looks sharp!  The G3 is nice, keep it.  One thing though....have you thought about putting some clear coat on it and shining it up?
Posted by: anotherway7

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/19/07 02:43 PM

Agreed. The cut out's look nice. I always knew there was a good purpose for that logo. ;D
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 06/19/07 07:09 PM

After seeing this thread time to time I'm getting use to the G3.

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 07/12/07 02:46 PM

HAHA thanks guys, yea, at first some people didnt like it, then they come to realize it is pretty sweet looking.

Oh by the way, I did get some clear paint on it, no pictures since, but it does help to keep the black paint from scraping off that way the lights dont shine through the scratches, but i think an ultra gloss coat would help it out! =D
Posted by: maestro

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 07/13/07 12:31 PM

Be sure to post the new pics of it glossed up.  A matching lit keyboard would be sick too by the way.

Re: New PowerPC G3 Desktop - NEON MOD - 07/16/07 08:04 AM

haha, well there is no original keyboard or mouse, the tower its self is actually a good friend of mine, i was just hookin him up.  But he got the tower for free so there was reason to mod it! =D

But, as for pictures, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get more, unless i tell him to take them lol.  We'll see! =D