Headless iMac case = Legos!

Posted by: TCPMeta

Headless iMac case = Legos! - 05/26/07 05:00 AM

Well for some reason me and my fiancee for some reason were playing with my old collection of legos. I have 2 big bins full to the top, I forgot how much there was. Well I thought I would copy the guys at applefritter and mac a headless iMac in cased in Legos. This case will take me a while to make because I want it to be color coded and built strong. I'm debating to include that mini LCD with it.
Posted by: macDeviant

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 05/26/07 06:30 PM

mini lcd would be sweet

do it

laugh

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 05/26/07 08:05 PM

I'll start on it on Monday since im off work memorial day.
Posted by: MacTechDude

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 05/27/07 12:10 PM

post up some pictures along the way! would love to see the progress!! =D

Where the source for the applefritter one!?

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 05/27/07 12:12 PM

This is pretty cool, the mini mac inside
Posted by: zenstate

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 05/27/07 12:23 PM

haha  thats cool!

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 05/28/07 05:28 AM

My case is going to look more like of a case then a playset. I'm going to try and hide the DVD drive and try and make the hard drive swappable. If I do include the LCD it's going to be tricky. I'll take pics on every level I build.
Posted by: 987687

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 05/28/07 11:53 AM

I tried to make a case out of Legos for my Linux computer. But it is to big, and I don't have enough Legos. And my 17' screen was hard to build into legos. But that case is sweet, good job!

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 05/28/07 06:45 PM

Well in my youth I collected legos since I was 2 to 17 years old. So I have plenty to go around. My mother use to say to me "Keep this up and you can build a real house out of them Legos." lol.

Anyway, I spent most of the day designing the case. The building will start Wednesday. I wanted to start today but by time I got done with the design I had to go to my fiancee's house.

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 06/03/07 09:21 AM

Well i've been a bit busy installing some french doors to replace a broke sliding glass door so I haven't got a chance to build the lego case yet.

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 06/04/07 04:24 AM

I'm off this Wednesday so I'll start on the case. It's going to be awesome.  It will look kinda like a classic all in one mac.

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 06/19/07 07:11 PM

This project is such a head strain. Since I have two huge 20 gallon jugs of legos im having problems digging out the right part and keeping it color coded.

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 07/12/07 04:12 PM

Have you gotten any pictures of what its like so far?
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 07/13/07 09:18 AM

Pour them out!
You know you want to.

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 07/29/07 07:38 AM

I've started again on the lego case project. I found my missing legos yesterday in the attic.

I have been drafting some plans again for the case and overcame some problems on the last set of plans. Also i'm going to make the power supply external since the power supply is one of the hottest devices in the system and also it will help slim down the case size.

I found a nifty program for Windows and OSx called LEGO Digital Designer. I've been using it to get a idea on the build of the case.
Posted by: maclover1986

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 08/01/07 01:56 PM

Oh man, couldn't you just see your friends looking twice at the Lego case?

Here's an idea: buy some parts for the Lego Dacta system, like bumper switches and light blocks, and the wires to go with them. Then, modify the wires so you can connect the switches and the lights to motherboard. Just an idea.

Re: Headless iMac case = Legos! - 08/01/07 02:02 PM

Already ahead of you. Theres a few things I can do but some good old super glue will come in handy.