some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac

Posted by: WOOKIE1212

some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/14/07 05:36 AM

hy..
now..i have a lot done on the outside of my mac..
now its time to mod the inside..

here's a pic of my cover which i am currently working on..later it will stay there where the DVD-Drive usually is..
later it will be painted in some cool yellow or orange UV.Spray....

on the image it looks like its inclined..but i have only had a wideAngle lens on it..

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/16/07 03:18 PM

hy...

hm..some other idea..
its done within Maya 7..in 5min so you will understand it,but its not really professional yet...(with GI or HDRI-maps and so one it would take hours till its a good render
and yes..its jpg so the quality is very bad..but in .psd it looks MUCH better..
Posted by: maestro

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/16/07 03:33 PM

I think it looks cool.  Nice work.  We dont see much 3-d drafting here and its great to see as I have gotten into it this year and think its a blast!

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/17/07 12:52 AM

hehr..
cool...what are u using?
you can see some works on the http://www.3dm3.com forums
my name there is also wookie

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/17/07 02:24 AM

hy..
now my HDCage is finished..it looks very cool..
i have some pics...i also removed the stickers on the HD..so it looks shiny and very professional without those stickers on it..
when the mac is running it looks so cool because the CCFL on the bottom is shining inside the case..so the hDCage is glowing a lil bit

what do you think?
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/17/07 05:37 AM

Not bad, get some plexi glass and make a cover for the hard drive. It would be cool to have a hard drive with a clear lid.

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/17/07 05:57 AM

hy..
thank you..yoe mean a cover for the HD...not a bad idea i think...very good idea...that would look also cool cause i removed the sticker on the HD..but i have to drill some holes in...so the HD gets fresh air...
i am like a crazy guy planing on my inside...

thank you for the good idea

WOokie
Posted by: modyourmac

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/17/07 10:35 AM

if you're gonna put a window on your hard drive, I'd test it with a hard drive you dont mind wasting, first.

Drives are built within specific tolerances, and atmospheres. You alter that balance, and you can kill the drive.

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/17/07 10:40 AM

hehe..
yes..i wont build it..but its a good idea..
currently i am planning the inside, where the DVDDrive usually is..( i have removed mine, so i have to build there something in)
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/17/07 12:38 PM

Replacing metal with plastic would raise heat and static concerns. Plus if you expose the platter outside of a clean room, you can kiss it goodbye.

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/17/07 01:05 PM

hy..
hehe..yes you are right...its very difficult i also wont do it...but i'm also satisfied with my beautiful HDCage...
tomorrow i will buy again plexiGlass and then i will shape it with heat...later when the result is good,i will buy some uvPaint in lightOrange...i wont use UV-AcrylGlas...its difficult to get some in Switzerland...

i hope it will begin good...later i will think about the PSU...i will also mod it MAYBE...because when i ve got everything covered in my baby..so also the PSU has to match the theme..

WOokie
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/17/07 08:01 PM

You don't have to worry about most of that stuff. The HD doesn't need airvents also. I did this to a hard drive a while back on a old PC mod then traded the drive for a bigger one. All I did was spent like 10 bucks at home depot and got quarter inch plexi Then cut it to size with a razor knife (took a hour) then took off the cover from the drive and with non powder gloves I handled the drive like a baby. Put a extra piece on top of the exposed drive then took the old cover and used it as a templet  and made the screw holes for mounting it back on. Then with new gloves I put on the new cover. Last I heard the drive still works like a champ but the drive was only 30GB. I got a 60GB drive out of the deal because the guy really liked my 30GB and thought I bought it like that lol.

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/18/07 12:14 AM

hehe..cool thing...
probably today i wil start with my insideCover in the Place where the DVDDrive is...
i only have to clean or buy a new airBrush Set for painting it...because i buy uv.reactiv color and i will put that in my airbrushSet and then i will paint it..

wookie

Re: some ideas to mod your inside of your PowerMac - 05/20/07 10:27 AM

hy..
here is my newest conceptArt of a idea to mod the inside...