Crazy Idea

Posted by: maclover1986

Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 11:52 AM

I have a crazy idea. If you know what a Nalgene water bottle is, then you'll know what the heck I am talking about.

THE IDEA:

Place one of those Apple stickers on the side of it, fill it up with water or whatever, take a picture of it, with the following caption: "Drink Different."

:P

ML1986
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 11:57 AM

maclover1986 wrote:
Quote:
I have a crazy idea. If you know what a Nalgene water bottle is, then you'll know what the heck I am talking about.

THE IDEA:

Place one of those Apple stickers on the side of it, fill it up with water or whatever, take a picture of it, with the following caption: "Drink Different."

:P

ML1986

You're right. I have no idea what the heck you're talking about. :S
Posted by: cincyaaron

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 12:10 PM

Extremely lost.

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 12:22 PM

Here. This should help:
[url=[url]http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/][url]http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/[/url] [/url]

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 12:26 PM

As for the stickers:

You can find those little white Apple stickers in the box that comes with your new Mac. It has all the documents, software, and everything you may need for setting up your new Mac. There should be a couple of the stickers in the box under all of that document mumbo jumbo.
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 01:57 PM

lol maclover i got it. Who doesn't know what a nalgene bottle is? :P
Posted by: macDeviant

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 02:20 PM

at a Boy Scouts of America high adventure camp i would work at we would always try and break nalgenes. we would throw them off 300ft cliffs and they would suvive :blink:

fun stuff

macDeviant
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 03:51 PM

Took me a few...
in my lab at work I must have 600 different types of Nalgene bottles, just didn't know which one you ment;)
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 08:17 PM

I hate starting on page two... I havent read the rest of this but I wanted to add my two cents to the nalgene... I too have done this on high adventure trips... I threw my extra large bottle off a cliff on about the second of sixteen days (only about 22 ft high where we were) with a bunch of my friends' nalgenes. Apperently they break...

-Knife

Edit- Now I have seen the rest of the post. Lol great idea.

Post edited by: KnifeLord, at: 2005/12/31 04:18

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 10:14 PM

drink different. Thats where this all started. But I personally am a big fan of platypus. I like nalgene bottles, but a platypus is more easily stored in a backpack, and it too is indestructable.

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 10:52 PM

all this makes me want to get out a nalgene, dremel, make an apple logo stencil and engrave an apple logo into it.

macDeviant

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/30/05 11:06 PM

dremel is so 2005. do it with a versalaser! :woohoo:
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/31/05 01:29 AM

I keep a Nalgene filled by my bed filled at all times in case I get thirsty. Swear by them everytime I go camping.

/Eagle Scout btw

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/31/05 02:23 AM

krusher117 wrote:
Quote:
dremel is so 2005. do it with a versalaser! :woohoo:

i tell you what.. you buy the versalazer. and i'll walk over to your house and use it

macDeviant
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:Crazy Idea - 12/31/05 10:32 AM

So I've always been afraid to use platipus... they are so thin and flexy that they seem like they will freeze and be destroyed durring a cold weather trip. I do ALOT of cold weather (if this strange heat wave wasn't comming through) will a platipus stand up to it well?

BTW- ASPL, X-SPL, SPL-Elect (for thoes who know what that means)

-Knife
Posted by: longbow

Re:Crazy Idea - 01/02/06 12:12 AM

I actually have had an apple sticker on the side of my nalgene for about 6 months, if my camera worked I would take a picture of it. (anyone have an extra lens laying around for a canon s400?)
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Crazy Idea - 01/06/06 08:02 PM

Nalgene bottle w/ the Apple logo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOTTLE-Lexan-Nalgene...bayphotohosting
Posted by: badapple18

Re:Crazy Idea - 01/13/06 12:34 PM

cool idea for a desktop but it might get damage after alot of use unless you have one made right. If you guys have a powerbook or an ipod you need to check out http://www.etchamac.com they were also at the macworld expo theres a pic of them on macmods slide show if you look closly on picture 052 in the photo album on the front page you can see the 15 inch powerbook and the pic engraved on the case. i just had mine engraved to nicely and i am really impressed.

Post edited by: badapple18, at: 2006/01/13 20:36
Posted by: maestro

Re:Crazy Idea - 01/13/06 01:08 PM

Thats pretty cool. It would work on any aluminum Mac actually. I just thought of another company who does that.....hmmm, I think there are several articles on them. Check out the versalaser mods too.
-maestro