Dinosaur fossils found next to this project...

Posted by: cincyaaron

Dinosaur fossils found next to this project... - 12/29/05 09:26 AM

Ok. A friend has just passed on this old apple to me. Its an apple 5260/100 model, including keyboard and mouse, everything is properly working.

here are the specs: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac/stats/powermac_5260_100.html

any ideas anyone? im just trying to spark some ideas.
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:Dinosaur fossils found next to this project... - 12/29/05 10:16 AM

A Macquarium would be my first choice.

Then, like mxlews said, there is the 'ol case switch. Because the Mini is so small, it would be ideal. Several things you could do with this. An obvious one is to get rid of the CRT. Conversion wouldn't be worth it and a 14" LCD would be much nicer looking. Check eBay for cheap options. Then you could paint the case and add your touches to it.

Anything else would probably not be worth the expense.

Don't forget to submit a guide when/if you do it!

Re:Dinosaur fossils found next to this project... - 12/29/05 10:49 AM

could you guys reach me on AIM you guys? I could really use it,
my AIM is:
aaronxcicada

thanks for the input guys.
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Dinosaur fossils found next to this project... - 12/29/05 11:13 AM

wow I used to have one of those. but it was the 75 mhz one. It was crappy, even in 1995! Actually It had so many problems apple switch it for a performa 6360 which was a really nice upgade. They also made my dad sign a waver agreeing that the performa switch was good enough for him not to sue them. I can't even remember the controversy, but I clearly remember the crappiness of that system sick

Re:Dinosaur fossils found next to this project... - 12/29/05 12:38 PM

Haha. Well I wont be paying for the system. I just want to work an external mod on it.