Just HAD to post this!

Posted by: macDeviant

Just HAD to post this! - 11/18/05 09:14 AM

This landed on my doorstep earlier today. Now i just need to do something with the case... i've always wanted to powder coat a G5 case with black on the out side walls, and gold in the mesh middle. hmmm.

a very excited,
macDeviant :woohoo:

Post edited by: macDeviant, at: 2005/11/18 17:15

Re:Just HAD to post this! - 11/18/05 09:16 AM

Stupid image posting problems *grumbles inanely*

Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Just HAD to post this! - 11/18/05 09:29 AM

WOW!! now thats intense!
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:Just HAD to post this! - 11/18/05 09:36 AM

:blink:
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:Just HAD to post this! - 11/18/05 09:38 AM

Uhh...Quad?
I think I am gonna be sick sick

Re:Just HAD to post this! - 11/18/05 09:46 AM

When the Fedex guy asked me how i was doing i replied, "alot better now." cheesy i know, but the original ship date was the 25th of Nov. now i'm just waiting for my two 500 gig sata drives, and then i can load up FinalCut Pro.

If anyone wants close up picts of the inside i would more than happy to oblige. It's alot different inside than the previous line.

well back to work
Deviant
Posted by: maestro

Re:Just HAD to post this! - 11/18/05 10:08 AM

Good for you man, thats awesome!
-maestro
Posted by: destructospin

Re:Just HAD to post this! - 11/18/05 06:10 PM

consider my pants pooped
MSN wont let me connect, what gives?

Re:Just HAD to post this! - 11/20/05 05:50 PM

Okay so i have things thing loaded up with Adobe CS2, Macromedia studioMX, and Finalcut Pro Studio. Now for an unfair challenge, i pitted it against my G4 Powerbook. The specs for each are a G5 2.5ghz QUAD w/ 4gigs RAM and 2x500gig HDD, and a 15in Powerbook 1ghz w/ 1.5gigs RAM, 100gig HDD and 2x200gig external HDD. Now both computers are pretty similar as far as the software installed, and how the OS is setup, but the QUAD's FSB speed alone is faster than my Book. I ran Photoshop filters, file transfers and the likes. The most impressive is this: i restarted both computers. In Finalcut 5 i got the same 30 minute clip on both computers. adjusted the speed of the clip to 50% (making it a hour long) and added a sepia filter. when the redering status window came up, the Powerbook read appox. 2 hours. the QUAD's status window read approx. 23 minutes, and had completed rendering in 24 minutes.

Just WOW.

macDeviant