B&W case has made me P-O

Posted by: TCPMeta

B&W case has made me P-O - 09/14/05 11:42 AM

Well my frist paint job sucked major @$$ so I sanded it down and primed it. My second atemp got screwed up aswell. Came out fine then some how my dog got into the garage and step all over it. If I sand it again the plastic will be too thin so I just ened up putting the B&W guts into a ATX case. I still need to splice in the wireing from the ATX case into the little control board. Since i'm using a ATX case I can now easily paint the SOB with no hassle. This will also give me a chance to add more mods and such. Sadly this is a crummy ATX case. It's mid size and it has a plastic face. I'll have to faberciat a metal faceplate.
Posted by: zenstate

Re:B&W case has made me P-O - 09/14/05 02:02 PM

you need to be more careful when painting a computer. don't leave the stuff out where animals can get at it. the thread title seems as if the case was to blame.
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:B&W case has made me P-O - 09/14/05 02:11 PM

zenstate wrote:
Quote:
you need to be more careful when painting a computer. don't leave the stuff out where animals can get at it. the thread title seems as if the case was to blame.

Wow, a little harsh don't you think? :ermm: I believe he figured out that he needs to be more careful with painting a case. How about contributing something constructive?

TCPMeta:

If this is a serious mod (i.e., MacMod Challenge 2006 material), I would buy another Mac case. However, if you're doing it for the looks, stick with the ATX. Personally, I haven't gone the painting route, so I can't empathize.... though I would have killed my dog. laugh
Posted by: zenstate

Re:B&W case has made me P-O - 09/14/05 02:39 PM

I meant no offense. mods need to be well planned so that when you get stuck you have some ammo to get at whatever issues may happen. when I modded my powermac I planned it out and researched for a good week or so just in my spare time and when the mod was over I had a gorgeous system.

here is mine: http://www.macmod.com/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,29/func,view/id,1858/catid,21/
Posted by: maestro

Re:B&W case has made me P-O - 09/14/05 02:47 PM

It is true that you need to plan carefully when painting. Dust can ruin a great paint job. I would just replace what ever part got damaged.
-maestro
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re:B&W case has made me P-O - 09/14/05 10:36 PM

Well If I get another case then i'll get a G5 case or a G5 case clone.

I've panited hundreds of cases and other things in the past. I've really never panited a plastic shell like the B&W case. If I can get some extra time on my hands I could always use the B&W case plastic parts use them as templetes then make metal peices.

In a way I blame the case because it seems it doesn't like getting painted. I yelled at my dog and tossed him outside for a hour lol.

Maybe I should build a custom case or something.