How to paint a iBook

Posted by: TCPMeta

How to paint a iBook - 09/09/05 12:45 PM

I'm thinking to paint my iBook, Anyone have some tips for painting a iBook?
Posted by: modyourmac

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/09/05 12:52 PM

TCP, a while back, I put together a rather huge mod guide on painting.

http://www.macmod.com/content/view/130/2/

Likewise, if you wanna get into the meat and potatoes of it directly, feel free to message me. I'm more than glad to share what I've learned :lol:
Posted by: whitlock

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/09/05 02:26 PM

Tip: Paper towels will scratch

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/10/05 10:47 AM

What I ment was, should I paint it like a stabdard case or is the that a clear body over the white?

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/10/05 11:41 AM

On the white iBooks it's a clear case with white paint on the inside. You will need atleast a 80% isopropyl alcohol to put on the inside. It will desolve the paint and you can use a soft cloth to remove the paint. After that you can paint inside.

If you have high quality paint and clear coat you can paint the outside of the case, but due to the wear you will get with a laptop, painting the inside part is preffered. There are some mod guides on painting iBooks in the External > iBook mod guide section.

Quick Link to one such mod guide: http://www.macmod.com/content/view/37/2/

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/14/05 04:29 AM

Well i've painted my iBook. Looks real sweet. gloss black, still have the Apple logo on the back to lightup white. I want to paint the keyboard a flat black and some how make the keys light up with a white color.

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/14/05 06:24 AM

Don't forget to publish a mod guide once everything is done. Since painting iBooks are a very popular mod for obvious reasons, any additional info from your experience with it can help out the next person.
Posted by: modyourmac

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/14/05 06:28 AM

agreed. Helping the next person is always good. Learning it all the hard way, through trial and error can be costly and time consuming.

Wouldnt know anything abut that...nope... whistle
Posted by: krusher117

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/14/05 06:33 AM

You might find the fiberoptic keyboard mod helpful. Its from Japan
here's the mod guide on macmod http://www.macmod.com/content/view/50/0/.

I'm guessing to make the black keys light up white you'll have the letter or a symbol on each key that is removable after painting. Or are you looking to just have the keys have a sillouette glow?

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/14/05 10:25 AM

I was planing to leave the keys clear but paint the underside black.

Yes i'll write a mod guide for this. Some time I need to get a digital camera.

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/15/05 08:45 AM

Well I got a cheap and i mean cheap camera.
Heres a pic of my painted iBook.

Re:How to paint a iBook - 09/19/05 08:45 PM

Well I got a killer Idea for the iBook. You know thoses case skins you can get for Xbox, PS2 and PCs? Well I'm going to get one and put it on my iBook. Since where it use to be white, it's now black and that silver parts are going to have the case skin. To match to look to what ever skin I get i'll make the little apple logo light up with the same color.