PowerBook/iBook Mod w/ Tux Replacing Apple Logo?

Posted by: amphibious

PowerBook/iBook Mod w/ Tux Replacing Apple Logo? - 03/20/05 06:13 PM

So... I can't tell if I'm making this up, or I actually saw it... but I could have sworn I saw a picture of an Apple laptop (don't know if it was a PowerBook or an iBook) that had been modded with a picture of Tux instead of the Apple logo. I've been searching for about thirty minutes and haven't found anything yet.

Anyone else remember this? Anyone know of a company or person that does this? Am I making it up?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. ;-)
Posted by: burtman

Re:PowerBook/iBook Mod w/ Tux Replacing Apple Logo? - 03/20/05 11:57 PM

http://macmod.com/content/view/38/2/

you didn't mean clarus the cow did you?
Posted by: krusher117

Re:PowerBook/iBook Mod w/ Tux Replacing Apple Logo - 03/21/05 03:17 AM

yes I have seen the tux one too. The Clarus mod was the first one to do this. The tux mod is identical. Its a very simple mod that can take less than 10 minutes. Its best not to use colors because they look washed out. Silouhettes work best.
Posted by: amphibious

Re:PowerBook/iBook Mod w/ Tux Replacing Apple Logo - 03/21/05 07:57 AM

:-/ this mod pretty much sucks. i could have sworn it was an actual replacement of that part of the case that totally replaced the apple with the penguin.

oh well...
Posted by: krusher117

Re:PowerBook/iBook Mod w/ Tux Replacing Apple Logo - 03/21/05 12:03 PM

actually that mod would be the first of its kind and not that difficult if you make tux BIGGER than the apple is now. It would require a steady hand and a dremel and a few hours. It could be done.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:PowerBook/iBook Mod w/ Tux Replacing Apple Logo - 03/21/05 02:15 PM

or, you could make it smaller. Just draw tux inside of the apple logo and paint the outside white. Not sure how perfect it would look, but I am thinking it could be done pretty nicely. Maybe you could add some sort of filler between the cracks to complete the look.