Blue Man Group inspired pc mod

Posted by: ubergeek89

Blue Man Group inspired pc mod - 10/11/04 12:44 AM

I started a project today for a blue man group inspired pc case. Fore those that don't know who the blue man group are, you should be shot.. just messin, accually the Blue Man Group is an amazing band that has done intel commercials, and you guessed it, the paint themselves blue for concerts. They mostly do percussion. I have already started painting the case with the same shade of blue they use, and I plan on cutting the window tomorrow. One idea I had was to ue thier insignia ona fan grille, but I have no Idea where I can get a fan grill cut like that. I have a blue cold cathode. My question is if anybody has any ideas for the case.
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Blue Man Group inspired pc mod - 10/11/04 12:54 AM

You could make your own using a Dremel tool and a piece of acrylic. It would match the look of the case, though I think you want metal. You could find an existing grill that looks similar and take the Dremel to that one. Or buy a fan grill blank.

I did a little research and found that there is a company that has premade grills, but they also offer laser cutting services. You may find something over @ Lunagen Labs. They have the tools, but like a book, don't let it's cover fool you.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Blue Man Group inspired pc mod - 10/11/04 03:05 AM

Sounds great ubergeek. I can't wait to see it. I think whitlock is on the right track with altering one that is premade. A custom cut one could cost quite a bit. just buy a regular one and mod it. BTW, I send you a PM. be sure and keep us updated with the progress, take plenty of pics, and create us a mod guide wink
Posted by: AMoses

Re:Blue Man Group inspired pc mod - 10/11/04 08:51 AM

Talk to someone from your local appliance store. They should know who will cut sheet metal locally.

Tell the metal guys what you want and bring a sample grill and see what they say.