Grey and White inspired G3

Posted by: djblueeggs

Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/09/04 07:31 PM

I really loved the Grey and White G3. I decided to give it a try with a red and white version. I left the handels unpainted. I still have to paint and install the cd bezel cover.

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/09/04 07:32 PM

fist pic

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/09/04 07:37 PM

fist pic

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/09/04 07:38 PM

2nd

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/09/04 07:40 PM

3rd

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/09/04 07:41 PM

4th
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/09/04 10:33 PM

That's pretty sweet man. Keep up the work. Are you going to do any other mods to this machine as well, like lighting or overclocking?
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/10/04 05:05 AM

That looks awesome! i loved the grey and white mod. I have that model powermac too and I've been considering that mod.
Posted by: zenstate

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/16/04 02:27 PM

I have a B&W thats been upgraded to a G4/500. I feel its time for a change so next weekend my father is going to help me change it.

my plan at this point is to paint all the blue areas black and leave the frosted clear areas as is. when it comes to the side apple logos would it be easier to tape them off and paint or pop them out first? i'm worried they might break if I try and take them off. i'm more nervous about that then taking the board and other components out.

pointers?

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/16/04 02:44 PM

a pic of one I saw on spymac that inspired me. The greay and white and red and white a sweet also but the black and frosted really appeals to me.

Post edited by: zenstate, at: 2004/10/16 21:47

Post edited by: zenstate, at: 2004/10/16 21:51
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/16/04 03:11 PM

The frosted look is pretty cool too. We all have our own preferences, mine was solid for instance. The problem with the B&W's is that they are pretty fugly machines if you get down to it. They have some serious hardware though, so a simple paint job has the same effect of cleaning a dirty kitchen.

Now about the logo. You CAN tape it off, though thats a lot of hassle, and if you hit your case by accident, you are going to waste a lot of time fixing the mistake. I'd suggest popping the logos off. You are going to scratch it up on the inside part, but no one is going to see that. You will need a few paperclips because they will bend fairly fast, and something you can use to pry off the logo once the logo has been pushed through enough. A letter opener, swiss army knife, or a screwdriver will work nicely.

I hadn't seen the B&W Black pic before, but it's cool. Which Spymac member did it?

Re:Grey and White inspired G3 - 10/16/04 03:56 PM

whitlock wrote:
Quote:

I hadn't seen the B&W Black pic before, but it's cool. Which Spymac member did it?

the user is monotheism

here is the link: http://www.spymac.com/gallery/show_photo.php?picid=867&nr=6947

thanks for the tip about the logos. any heads ups you can give me about the painting or take apart? my dad knows a lot a bout painting cars and did it for 30 years so i'm far more worried about damaging something. I amm pretty good inside computers though but have never fully taken one apart and put it back together.