Performa 6360

Posted by: darwinboy

Performa 6360 - 08/12/04 12:46 AM

Dear Forum:

I have a Performa 6360 which I'm bringing out of mothballs. I have a 2 slot PCI riser card which I would like to install into this Mac. The card, as I have discovered, will not fit unless I make some modifications to its innards. Is there anyone here that has done a mod on this machine? Does anyone know where I can find the service manual for this machine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roland smile
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Performa 6360 - 08/12/04 02:25 AM

Hey DarwinBoy,

Check the web links for the site. There is a site for manuals in there. Hope to see you do something cool with it. Do you plan on submitting for the competition?
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Performa 6360 - 08/12/04 05:07 PM

darwinboy wrote:
Quote:
Dear Forum:

I have a Performa 6360 which I'm bringing out of mothballs. I have a 2 slot PCI riser card which I would like to install into this Mac. The card, as I have discovered, will not fit unless I make some modifications to its innards. Is there anyone here that has done a mod on this machine? Does anyone know where I can find the service manual for this machine?

Roland smile

what machine, or where, did this riser card come from?
Posted by: Krow

Re:Performa 6360 - 09/21/04 04:54 AM

darwinboy wrote:
Quote:
Dear Forum:

Roland smile

If it's a 2 slot riser out of a 64/6500 it should work but you'll have to do some serious cutting of the case to fit it in there. I've seen Color Classics with the 2 PCI slot riser but it was hacked up pretty good to make it slide in.

Krow
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Performa 6360 - 09/21/04 01:02 PM

You could set it up like an engine cut in a hood, and make it seem like a pimped out classic car. Heck, throw a little external air intake unit on top while your at it.