More QuadraPC

Posted by: Virtualthai

More QuadraPC - 06/29/04 04:24 PM

Yes, fully Mac-like look and fell!

Posted by: krusher117

Re:More QuadraPC - 06/29/04 04:40 PM

isnt there a dock app for windows xp too?
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:More QuadraPC - 06/29/04 08:05 PM

Why not just buy a mac, if you want the look and feel? Why take a substitute when you can have the real thing?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re:More QuadraPC - 06/30/04 07:44 AM

Or is this a Mac, made to look like a PC, made to look like a Mac?
Posted by: mark

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/03/04 10:04 AM

krusher117 wrote:
Quote:
isnt there a dock app for windows xp too?

It's called y'z dock, and it gets pretty close to the real thing

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/03/04 10:10 AM

sweet. I just loaded win 2000 on my thinkpad (makes me really appreciate OS X installation ease and speed) so I got window blinds and panther OS X theme. I'll be getting Z dock after this weekend for sure!
Posted by: whitlock

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/05/04 06:20 AM

i always prefered stardock

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/05/04 10:18 AM

I used Style XP from TGTSoft with a MacOS X Theme... more better than other tools!

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/05/04 11:14 AM

you should get ahold of flyakite. that will fix all of your icons and control panel prefs, and make it even more mac-like.

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/05/04 07:08 PM

wow, I never realized that this was so popular. I guess if I had a PC I would do the same thing though. Thank God I don't have to worry about that.

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/07/04 02:47 PM

Ok, found and installed FlyakiteSP1 and Y'z dock, with this effect!
Thanks to all!!!

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/07/04 06:38 PM

yeah. i've been rocking the look for quite a while. it's been pretty popular. i would also suggest doing a search for 'iceman', 'aqua', and, 'icon' in google. that should reveal some interesting new doors for your aqua-look.

i started my web developing again, so i sacrificed the look for better performance on my laptop. atleast you never attempted to manually edit the shell32 file like i did. that was fun - in the sense that i also manually edited the ntoskrnl file and ended up using the install cd to do a repair on my operating system. thank goodness flyakite and y's/star dock exist.

by the way, it looks great. if you want your browser to look like safari, there are mod guides for firefox and some themes out there for it. do a google search for 'fasari' and see what you get also.

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/07/04 06:43 PM

its so great how I can use my mac knowing that it isn't popular to mod the look so it looks like windows B)

Re:More QuadraPC - 07/07/04 07:11 PM

Man, that is looking a bit too much like a mac, kinda scary to see windoze doing all that. I wonder how much it crashes with those core apps running? Looks nice though. I would still buy a mac, but I guess if you have a pc, why not!