QuadraPC!

Posted by: Virtualthai

QuadraPC! - 06/29/04 03:18 AM

This is my new "Quadra PC", build on an old Macintosh Quadra 950 with an Abit NF7, an AMD 2800+, 80Gb IDE, LG Superdrive and a Matrox G550 DualHead.

Bye.

Mauro

Post edited by: virtualthai, at: 2004/06/29 06:20
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:QuadraPC! - 06/29/04 04:02 AM

Is this a joke? Is your hard drive really sitting on the base of the case? So you took an old Mac case and put a pc in it?
Posted by: krusher117

Re:QuadraPC! - 06/29/04 06:42 AM

Cool mod. The old Quadras were awesome. Nice way to keep one sitting on your desk.
Posted by: ubergeek89

Re:QuadraPC! - 07/24/04 02:51 AM

I can see you putting a g3 or a g4 in ther, but dude! Please keep the peecee in its natural habitat (the trash can)!!!! I even put another computer in a surplus G5 case I got my hands on, but it was still a mac (a g3 yosemite to be exact)
Posted by: krusher117

Re:QuadraPC! - 07/24/04 03:23 AM

Where do you find surplus G5 cases??!! :blink:
Posted by: ubergeek89

Re:QuadraPC! - 07/24/04 03:36 AM

I kinda came acrossed it easily. Some guy managed to screw up his g5 and his fans fried. we went by the rules and gave him all his old stuff, in a new case with new fans, and I got to keep this guys old case. vSo ask around at your local mac resellers.
Posted by: JavaDog

Re:QuadraPC! - 07/26/04 04:59 PM

krusher117 wrote:
Quote:
Where do you find surplus G5 cases??!! :blink:

Ebay has them, usually one or two floating around. Anywhere from $200-$300 for the (New) empty case though...

While I would like to see Apple systems in Apple cases, I can certainly see the draw to stick a PC into a G5 case. I think if it is done well, it can be a really nice mod...
Posted by: maclover1986

Re:QuadraPC! - 10/03/04 02:24 PM

Hey man, that is SWEET!

So, what kind of BIOS does that thing have? American Megatrends, Inc.? Award?

Now, if I could just turn my old Hewlett-Packard Brio PC into a Macintosh Clone....

Re:QuadraPC! - 10/03/04 02:28 PM

Hey man, that is SWEET!

Now, if I could just turn my old Hewlett-Packard Brio PC into a Macintosh Clone....

Hey man, that is SWEET!

Hey man, that is SWEET!

Posted by: whitlock

Re:QuadraPC! - 10/03/04 03:17 PM

maclover, I believe you are having browser issues. I am reffering you to the manufacturer wink

Well, I remember my Packard Bell. Seriously nothing to joke about. I showed up onsite once to discover the same model PB that I would have to repair. The dual modem/sound card was bad, and all of their PCI slots were filled. I told them outright to buy a new computer, and they would not. I even told them MY experiences and they wouldn't. Instead of repairing it, I walked out. Good times.
Posted by: Virtualthai

Re:QuadraPC! - 10/03/04 09:32 PM

thank u!... thank u!... thank u!... many times as your posts! ;-)

Well... bios? I think Award, don't remember... why u ask this?
I obtain a Quadra 950, emptied all internal peripherals and adapted a pc, nothing else.
I made the QuadraPC because I love macintoshes, their "look and fell".
Now I'm writing from a PowerMac 9600 upgraded with a MaxPowr G4 400 Mhz CPU card, 224Mb ram, 20Gb IDE HD connected with a Tempo ATA 133 IDE PCI card running MacOS X 10.2.8 (it's very hard to install an OSX on this OldWord type mac!)

But, if u REALLY want to put a mac into a "beautiful to see" pc case, PLEASE use an old 68k mac or an old PPC G2 (all the tower ones, because the desktops was really wonderful, like my dead PowerMac 6100/60... X-(

Good luck!