Blue & Silver G4

Posted by: CapitolK

Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:01 AM

This was a pretty easy mod to do, I did it almost 4 years ago. I wanted to see if the plastics on the B&W G3 were exactly the same as my G4 Sawtooth and of course... they were. I replaced the front of the G4, the top and replaced the graphite door apples with blue ones.

Excuse the old bad scan.

Post edited by: CapitolK, at: 2004/06/09 05:03

Post edited by: CapitolK, at: 2004/06/09 05:49
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:03 AM

Capitol, can you post this as a mod guide on our site with the pictures and instructions. We are working very hard to build up the database and everything will help. This looks like a great mod and would love for you to post this. Thanks a bunch...

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:05 AM

Oh, I should have said that I no longer own this machine and this is one of only two pics I have of the mod. I can write a step-by-step, but I don't have any more pics.

Sorry guys.

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:07 AM

If you can write a step by step and maybe find some other pics or even use the ones that you have, that would still be great. Just try and be really descriptive so that users and understand what is going on. We would really appreciate it. There are other members that are looking to do things with their B&W, so this would help a lot I am sure.

Cheers.

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:16 AM

Just wait till you see my Tangerine and Blueberry iBook :x

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:18 AM

Are you just starting on this mod, or is is done? If you are just starting please be sure to take lots oof pics and goood documentation to post as a mod guide.

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:20 AM

Nah, I did the Tangerine and Blueberry iBook a few months ago.

Too bad this site wasn't around.

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:23 AM

So, you don't have any documentation or pics on these mods? Can you reproduce them. I would like to give you a mod of the week if they are good enough. Cheers.

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:32 AM

Wow, mod of the week. I guess I really shouldn't post the pics of my iBook when I made it into a tablet.

Actually I am gonna go post those now in Laptop Case Mods.

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 02:36 AM

Just remember to include plenty of instructions and as many pics as possible.

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/09/04 03:05 AM

Ack, I lost those pics. They're on videotape but I don't have a DV camera anymore.

Oh well, I'll post the blue and orange iBook tomorrow.
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Blue & Silver G4 - 06/11/04 08:44 AM

Good job on the door switch. Got bored at work one day and switched a case like that. wink As in a Beige G3 with a 7100. Not a perfect match, though. You have to modify the back panel to fit. We needed a case for our G3 board, and it was there. Heh, ugliest mod I ever did smile A sidetrack, but it's fun