Mac Mod of the Year 2009?

Posted by: EdsJunk

Mac Mod of the Year 2009? - 12/24/09 11:05 AM

Is there a Mod of the year for this year???
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Mac Mod of the Year 2009? - 12/24/09 11:31 AM

Well I'm new to the Mods forum, and it's new to us, but from what I've seen in a short time TCPMeta is quite creative. I'd say we could give the poster some props for the carputers. cool
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: Mac Mod of the Year 2009? - 12/25/09 08:04 AM

That is a very good question. Will there be a MacMod Challenge any time soon?

Thanks for the props on the carputer. It's not one of my personal favorites but a like of people like it.
Posted by: neil

Re: Mac Mod of the Year 2009? - 12/25/09 08:50 AM

Hi guys,

Great question. We've been talking about it. It looks like it's traditionally been done during the summer months (late summer). There's a chunk of things that we need to do to organize it.

We're trying to assess how to best do that, but in general, we like the idea of there being a MacMod contest.

I could use feedback as to timing -- do you guys feel like it needs to be in the summer time?
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: Mac Mod of the Year 2009? - 12/25/09 06:37 PM

I would keep it around the same date like it has been in the past. August is around when they would release the results but I think the time they used for people to submit he guides and photos was around late July or early June.
Posted by: the JoshMeister

Re: Mac Mod of the Year 2009? - 12/26/09 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: EdsJunk
Is there a Mod of the year for this year???
The short answer to why there wasn't a Mod Challenge in 2009 was that MacMod went through some major transitions behind the scenes throughout most of the year. With MacTech's recent acquisition of MacMod, I think things are going to go a lot smoother in 2010 (although there's still work to be done to adapt and merge various aspects of MacMod to better fit MacTech, like the podcast for example).

Don't despair about there not being a 2009 Mod Challenge, though. I know there were some really incredible mods since the 2008 Mod Challenge (yours included, EdsJunk) that deserve a chance to win an award, so I think if we do a contest in 2010 it would only be fair to open it to people who made any mods since the 2008 challenge was closed to new entries.
Posted by: ctan

Re: Mac Mod of the Year 2009? - 04/20/10 04:59 PM

I second the recommendation to name TCPMeta a modder of the year.