My hackintosh tablet

Posted by: mordaskyt

My hackintosh tablet - 05/19/09 07:13 AM

So I picked up a Gateway M275 tablet on ebay for $150, figured I would give it a shot. It had damaged hinges and a broken lid latch and was generally scuffed up but working. A few repairs and some paint worked wonders. It is currently running Leopard 10.5.6 with the tablet working flawlessly thanks to Tabletmagic. Some stuff still does not work like sleep (bummer) and the various buttons along the screen but overall it is a smashing success!

http://gallery.me.com/mordaskyt/100002
Posted by: iBookdude458

Re: My hackintosh tablet - 05/19/09 12:49 PM

I find it hilarious that you are hosting pictures of something Apple considers illegal on your .mac website.

great mod, how fast is that Pentium M with OS X?

Re: My hackintosh tablet - 05/19/09 06:09 PM

Meh... It bench marks about the same as my powerbook g4 1.25 ghz, mostly because the graphics chip is only partially supported. Its not a monster by any stretch but you cannot argue with the built in Wacom.
Posted by: iBookdude458

Re: My hackintosh tablet - 05/19/09 07:21 PM

thats not too bad speed-wise, all that matter is that its intel and Snow Leopard will run, at this point all that matters with your mac is PPC or intel. only intel will go forward so it looks like your all set
Posted by: MacAttack

Re: My hackintosh tablet - 05/20/09 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: "iBookdude458"
thats not too bad speed-wise, all that matter is that its intel and Snow Leopard will run, at this point all that matters with your mac is PPC or intel. only intel will go forward so it looks like your all set

Isn't that funny? His Gateway hackintosh is more prepared for snow leopard than my upgraded PowerMac G4.
Makes you wonder...
Posted by: manny

Re: My hackintosh tablet - 09/01/09 11:54 AM

Hi,I have the same labtop (gateway m275 tablet)and was wondering if you can help me.I wanted to install leopard on it,but can't seem to find the right installation guide.I looked everywhere including 0sx86 project forums until I stumbled onto your post.As of now,I downloaded the latest version of ideneb onto a dvd,but before I go about installing it I can't seem to find the right drivers and kexts I need to choose for this specific labtop.So if you can please email me the installation method you used to install leopard and what I should do to get it running.Also,I upgraded the ram to 1gig cause I know leopard needs at least a minimum of 512mb to run.I was also thinking of replacing the wireless with a DW 1510 wireless n mini pci card off ebay.I think it's the same one apple used previously on theit macbooks so my assumption is it should work out of the box if I replace it.I would deeply appreciate if you can help me.Also,just wanted to comment that the pics looked amazingly awesome.Just wish my labtop could look the same.Thanks.

Re: My hackintosh tablet - 09/03/09 08:37 PM

I used iPC and it worked pretty well. It had all the drivers to create a functioning system. I surfed around for a few stragglers but its pretty much straight from the disk.
Posted by: ctan

Re: My hackintosh tablet - 04/20/10 05:01 PM

Nice one Tom. Look forward to checking it next time we're up your way.
Posted by: dadams_ws

Re: My hackintosh tablet - 11/30/10 07:35 PM

I have tried quite a few time to install IPC 10.5.6 on a Gateway M275 can you give me a few tips?