Wondering about My warrantee

Posted by: blackdragon

Wondering about My warrantee - 10/27/06 05:00 PM

If i was to dismantle my Brand new macbook pro 17 Would apple be able to know and therefore void my warrantee? Things like "warrantee voided if removed" stickers? I would risk dismantling it to replace the heat sync gunk for something more high performance.
Posted by: Kisin

Re: Wondering about My warrantee - 10/27/06 06:00 PM

even if u r REALLY careful it's probable that you'll leave some marks on the case or other components... so I'd advise against it...
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Wondering about My warrantee - 10/28/06 04:39 AM

There are no such stickers when removing the top case. Its all philips screws except for two T6s.
Posted by: blackdragon

Heat - 10/28/06 09:38 AM

Iv taken apart g3 ibooks, g4 powerbook and so many ipods i cant even begin to count. I don't think i would damage anything and iv heard that the macbook pros are easier then the powerbooks to take apart. So other then damaged parts and breaking things if it goes all well they cant tell? All of this to fix the heat issue>< Why did they have to release core 2 so soon><.
Posted by: game_on

Re: Wondering about My warrantee - 06/04/07 07:21 PM

lol, If it has a warranty, and your having problems with your heat sync, why would you bother taking it apart?

I'm pretty sure the people at the Apple store can get it back to you in a day or two's time.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Wondering about My warrantee - 06/04/07 11:55 PM

Many service providers would refuse to do this for you under the warranty, since they only get remibursed for labour by Apple if they swap out a part. Apple themselves ought to know about issues with thermal paste, but I suspect they would deny it in relation to a Core 2 MBP (I have never had to do that to one), especially the cooler 17".
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: Wondering about My warrantee - 06/12/07 04:36 AM

If you did open up the macbook and change out the thermal paste and you ran into some problems in the future and you send it in and remove the heatsink and see ArticSilver 5 it would be a instant void.