Reverse Illumination

Posted by: oojacoboo

Reverse Illumination - 07/28/04 11:56 AM

Ok, so the other day I grab my laptop, and have a seat with it on my lap. There is alot of sunshine coming through the window and it is shining on the outside of the case, when it is open. I look at the display and I see this light coming through, and it was kinda strange. It didn't hit me at first, then it did. I took the laptop and positioned it so that it was in the light perfectly and it shined through really strong. The picture that you see is the laptop screen dimmed down all the way. You can see some of the desktop and an alert menu poped up if you look hard enough. :ohmy:
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Reverse Illumination - 07/28/04 02:04 PM

apple laptop displays really don't turn off unless they are asleep, which tripped me out the first time i saw that. truly a marvel though.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re:Reverse Illumination - 07/28/04 03:06 PM

Hmm, sounds like a mod could be created around this. Imagine reversing the current design. Instead of the light shining outward, through the exterior apple, the outside was opaqued and something was done with the inside to make something similar happen to what oojacoboo showed us.

Now that would take some great engineering, and be a mod worthy of the Mod Challenege winner.
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:Reverse Illumination - 09/20/04 05:58 AM

(again a long time no see forum)
Well What if you took out the paper from around the apple, then (if it doesnt already have one) make a small indent into it, fix a light to it and have the apple always shine bright, both ways... possably an old iPod screen set to just be backlit all the time?

-Knife