All the Tech Info on PBG4 Ti 867 CPU Overclocking is... gone

Posted by: Cross

All the Tech Info on PBG4 Ti 867 CPU Overclocking is... gone - 07/21/06 08:29 PM

Ok the thread here on the last model Ti book is well.. missing stuff but then it is from 2004/2005 lol. I would really like to do this to my TiBook G4 as well as some other things as I still like being able to Dual Boot OS 9 lol.

The pictures are gone and there really does not seem to be a guide that I can find so... any help would be great if anyone has it backed up, etc.

Thanks guys!

All the Tech Info on PBG4 Ti 867 CPU Overclocking is... gone - 07/23/06 05:42 PM

I am having no luck finding anything guys. I did find a bench mark of a 1.13 ghz but thats it so if anyone has anything. I would like this done as well as the other mods I have been working on doing.
Posted by: Anonymous

All the Tech Info on PBG4 Ti 867 CPU Overclocking is... gone - 07/24/06 03:42 AM

Here You go-
itīs pretty easy:

http://www.macxtrem.com/articles.php?article=71

All the Tech Info on PBG4 Ti 867 CPU Overclocking is... gone - 07/24/06 07:52 AM

Thank you!!!! Now just to translate the page lol

All the Tech Info on PBG4 Ti 867 CPU Overclocking is... gone - 07/24/06 07:53 AM

What did you guys normally change the voltage to when you OC'd it? I am still working on translating so I am not sure if the guide says but I am going for 1.2Ghz. I am also going to be changing some heatsinks (Most notably on the GPU Ram and hopefully where ever else I can make them fit) With Copper ones.

Thanks!
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

All the Tech Info on PBG4 Ti 867 CPU Overclocking is... gone - 07/24/06 11:56 AM

1.2 from an 867 sounds a little ambitious. The later your machine was built in the production run, the more OCing mileage you are likely to get. The first three numbers in your Macs serial will tell you the year and week (respectively) your Mac was built. Compare this to the release date of your model and you should get a decent idea of how far you should risk OCing it.
The 867 Ti was sold from Nov 02 to Sep 03. So your serial should be between QT240-QT333. Or thereabouts. I could be wrong about the QT part.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

All the Tech Info on PBG4 Ti 867 CPU Overclocking is... gone - 07/24/06 12:08 PM

I should point out that if yours has had a new logic board during its life, the serial will not help you. Replacement boards do not have serials attached (check system profiler). Hardware address will not match the one printed in the battery bay either (should have a sticky label somewhere with the new one).