IBook G4 1.42Ghz Motherboard

Posted by: SkyBoy

IBook G4 1.42Ghz Motherboard - 07/09/06 05:22 PM

I need to find someone that can assist me on repairing (if possible) the white plug-in attached to the motherboard , where the startup button wire plugs into . The plug-in piece broke off from the motherboard . It looks as if it has 2 contact points where it was soldered onto the board . I need a new plugin part and someone who can solder it on . Is there anyone here who can send me in the right direction ? Please reply me at jdferraro@earthlink.net ................. Thanks !!!
Posted by: modyourmac

IBook G4 1.42Ghz Motherboard - 07/09/06 09:48 PM

Hate to say it, but that piece is hard to come by. Apple ships that board as finished goods to service providers. If you still had the plug, the soldering wouldnt be impossible. Without it though, I dont know how much luck you'll have.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

IBook G4 1.42Ghz Motherboard - 07/09/06 11:44 PM

Most service providers will have a number of dead iBook logic boards lying around. Older ones use bigger connectors for the power button, though.
Posted by: mordaskyt

IBook G4 1.42Ghz Motherboard - 07/10/06 03:48 AM

If you can't find the original jack scavange any small electronics plug of a similar size. Make sure you get both the male and female ends with a few inches of wire still on each. solder one end on an inch or so of wire to the logic board and use the other to go to the button. I don't believe positive and negative will matter for the button though if any one else on the forum would weigh in on that I would appreciate it.
Posted by: modyourmac

IBook G4 1.42Ghz Motherboard - 07/10/06 05:42 AM

It shouldnt. Its basically a simple trigger to complete the circuit and turn on the machine. The connections on the board are crazy kinds of tiny though smile
Posted by: jet

Re: IBook G4 1.42Ghz Motherboard - 05/13/07 02:29 AM

ive soldered this part back on several times. stick it in place with some tape and then go ahead and solder it back. it doesn't matter which way round the wires are, it's just a switch, no circuitry.