G3 lombard: away with the Mouse/Charge board???

Posted by: tedj

G3 lombard: away with the Mouse/Charge board??? - 03/22/06 12:49 PM

I have a fried Charge board I think -- the card that the battery, drive bay plugs into, and the scroll pad button is on; it forms the "l" part of the "T" shaped mobo. I believe the part no. is 820-1054-A

Problem is, power roots through here before going on to the other parts, and while it can be taken off, the system will not boot without it there. It keeps making a repetitive "click" sound whenever I attempt to power on. The whole thing is taken apart. It was my fault, as I was on my way to making some mod or other and crossed circuits....... and I just installed OS9. It was beautiful. Now, a disgrace:(
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

G3 lombard: away with the Mouse/Charge board??? - 03/23/06 12:09 PM

You shouldn't have any trouble finding another one. If you can't get one from eBay, your local reseller or repair centre ought to be able to turn one up. The Pismo uses the same board too, so there are loads about.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

G3 lombard: away with the Mouse/Charge board??? - 04/18/06 01:12 PM

I stand corrected. The one in the Pismo is different. I know this because I just tried to swap one. It doesn't quite fit.

I did succeed in swapping the AC/Sound board from a Pismo into my Lombard, but it no longer has sound and doesn't go to sleep.