small LCD resource

Posted by: robritz

small LCD resource - 01/25/05 02:56 PM

Anyone know of any good online/real world resources for small LCD screens? I'm looking to mod an SE/30, and want to upgrade the display. Thanks!

-R
Posted by: krusher117

Re:small LCD resource - 01/25/05 03:02 PM

I had pondered the same thing before. I can't help you with where to buy a smaller LCD, but remember that you can purchase a slightly larger screen if its cheaper to do so and not use some of it. Just install it into the mac behind the bezel and adjust the screen proportions to fit the 9" viewable area of the SE. I seriously hope you go through with an SE mod. It not often you see someone do a mod like that!
Posted by: maestro

Re:small LCD resource - 01/25/05 03:13 PM

mcm electronics sells smaller lcd screens and I know that there a couple I cant think of right now. Ill check my books when I get home later.
-maestro
Posted by: robritz

Re:small LCD resource - 01/25/05 05:24 PM

krusher117 wrote:
Quote:
I had pondered the same thing before. I can't help you with where to buy a smaller LCD, but remember that you can purchase a slightly larger screen if its cheaper to do so and not use some of it. Just install it into the mac behind the bezel and adjust the screen proportions to fit the 9" viewable area of the SE. I seriously hope you go through with an SE mod. It not often you see someone do a mod like that!

Not sure if i can afford it yet, but I'd love to, and I think I might plan for it. I looked on ebay for lcd displays and found some good ones for a decent price. search for "vga lcd", throw in a dimension like 8" if you want, they have quite a few. I'll post a mod guide if I ever get around to it.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:small LCD resource - 01/25/05 08:22 PM

best of luck, please let everyone here know if you need assistance.
Posted by: whitlock

Re:small LCD resource - 01/25/05 11:29 PM

You could get a 5" Gamecube LCD display on eBay for $50 and redo the VGA connectors. Same applies to a $100 Xbox LCD. Just a thought, but I wish you luck.
Posted by: maestro

Re:small LCD resource - 01/26/05 01:29 AM

Okay, here is a list of resources-mcm electronics, digikey, and parts express.
Hope you find something that works.
-maestro
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re:small LCD resource - 04/03/05 01:13 AM

Worth checking the in-car stuff on eBay. Lots of smaller LCDs with various connections available.
Also:
http://www.matrixorbital.com/
http://crystalfontz.com/
Posted by: whitlock

Re:small LCD resource - 04/03/05 01:27 AM

Wow, those are some great sites. Maybe we should add them to the links list.