A white macbook with matte finish?

Posted by: awakebyjava

A white macbook with matte finish? - 06/05/07 09:09 PM

Has anyone seen a mod like this? I am thinking that it would be the best of both worlds. No visible scratches, no fingerprint marks. I want to change the color of the logo to green too, but I have about 9 months left on the warranty. Man, if it wasn't for the fact that these things seem so fiddly I'd rip into it tomorrow. Any ideas or suggestions?

Oh, one more thing, might need a new topic; putting backlights on the keyboard of a Macbook? That would be totally rad.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: A white macbook with matte finish? - 06/06/07 07:25 AM

There was a guy in the mods forum at MacNN I think who claimed to have done it. Might even have been pics. He never told anyone where the matte panel came from though as far as I recall. And I did ask. More than once.
Posted by: awakebyjava

Re: A white macbook with matte finish? - 06/06/07 07:49 AM

I should clarify, sorry, i am an English teacher and don't think i got my point across. I want to make the finish of the macbook matte, not the screen. I like the glossy screen.  smile
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: A white macbook with matte finish? - 06/07/07 03:19 PM

Oh OK. Sorry. If you want a mattebook, I would think sandpaper is the way to go.
Finer the better. Beware that the gloss finish may well protect the plastic from dirt so removing it could conceivably cause permanent staining which I doubt Apple would cover.