Smooth Color Transition

Posted by: Syd21

Smooth Color Transition - 07/19/06 04:38 PM

Hello all,
I have an idea to change the color of the apple on my iBook G4 -the one on the back of the display- but I can't think of a way to get a subtle fade from one color to another. I'm thinking about a purple outline around the apple and some other color on the inside (possibly a blue/green color). Anybody got a better idea than just sticking it under the diffusion paper? Thanks
Posted by: macDeviant

Smooth Color Transition - 07/19/06 05:40 PM

if you have an airbrush i would use that with some opaque or translucent airbrush paint. remove the apple it's self and paint the back of it.

Smooth Color Transition - 07/19/06 05:54 PM

Unfortunately, I do not have an airbrush nor do I have my color filters yet so I can't test anything frown . Does anybody think it would work if I put the outter purple ring under the diffuser and the green/blue part ontop of the diffuser to try to create a green/blue apple emerging from a hazy purple apple outline? If not, I might need to make a new friend; one with an airbrush.

Smooth Color Transition - 07/19/06 05:59 PM

might not work. i played around with the same things with my AL powerbook...

one thing you might try is to make a mock up inphoto shop go to a kinkos or similar copy shop and have them print it out on transparancy

Smooth Color Transition - 07/19/06 06:03 PM

I attempted to photoshop one up by hand but apparently I don't have enough artistic ability to trace an apple. How much does it cost to get something printed on transparency paper and can I do it myself with a normal printer?

Smooth Color Transition - 07/19/06 10:16 PM

i tried to print it out on normal paper.. the problem is you get the grain on the paper showing with the light. it make it look splotchy and un even